Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two cores is bad enough, so I desperately hope that they don't make you buy two of every expansion as well. If that's the case then I'm just not getting into the game at all.

Edit: Oh wait they do say full playset. Good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah no worries. It will be like LOTR LCG. Everything except the core set comes with all the cards for a full playset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kotenberg

Washington
msg tools
Yea. Full playsets for the expansions. And you only have to buy 2 core sets instead of 3, for the complete playlets for the core sets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I just want to play solo or this one other.
Do I really need 2 core is one good enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
N0mE wrote:

More of a personal choice than anything else. You won't have a problem playing solo with just one core.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
ralsar wrote:
N0mE wrote:

More of a personal choice than anything else. You won't have a problem playing solo with just one core.

If it is like LotR you might have a problem winning, though.

I'm only buying one core.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
koraldon
Israel
holon
flag msg tools
mbmb
N0mE wrote:

One core should be good enough. Of course the game can be easier if you have two cores but you can just adjust the difficulty of the scenario to compensate.

And once you wait a couple of months, dunwich legacy is going to be released with more player cards.
Time is your friend in this case (but not your wallet's friend ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Channell
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote this in the FFG Forum, but I'll paraphrase this here as well.

I wonder if a complete play set is true for only one investigator? For example, let's say I have mandatory card "A". I have two copies in my deluxe expansion. Now, I will play with two investigators. I have both "A" in one deck, what's the other investigator going to have in theirs?

Play Set for One investigator, maybe. Not for two investigators? I wonder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris H
msg tools
Hmmm. I've never played a LCG but I do like the look of this one. But I'm a bit stumped on discussion around buying multiple sets.

I'd only ever play two player games. Would one set be enough for two people to have a good enough time.

Or would I need to apply alcohol too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Channell
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
P_Pigly_Hogswine wrote:
Hmmm. I've never played a LCG but I do like the look of this one. But I'm a bit stumped on discussion around buying multiple sets.

I'd only ever play two player games. Would one set be enough for two people to have a good enough time.

Or would I need to apply alcohol too?

You only need one set to have a good time. It's for the crazies who need to have enough cards for a "complete" play set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian K
England
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy one core, and if necessary proxy the few cards you are missing that actually make a difference. You don't even need to sleeve. Once you know the card text off pat, you just remember that card X is actually card Y.

Simples.

And cheaper.

Ian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobble Hat wrote:
Buy one core, and if necessary proxy the few cards you are missing that actually make a difference. You don't even need to sleeve. Once you know the card text off pat, you just remember that card X is actually card Y.

Simples.

And cheaper.

Ian

Totally do this with LotR and don't feel bad about it at all. It's only a few cards. However, I am planning to get a second core of Arkham eventually. I think there will more player cards I could use, and as for the extra scenario cards, I'll save them and on day exploit them for their backs. Like LotR, I expect some PnP scenarios to pop up, and although sleeved, having the extra official cards allows for me to proxy in clear sleeves. Those "wasted extra cards" will go to use!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Campbelltown
NSW
flag msg tools
I am planning to be playing this solo with multiple decks for different characters. I was hoping to be able to play through the the campaign as each AP comes out with all my decks one at a time. However I do not want to be dissasembling and swapping cards between decks after I play through the scenario with Deck A, then put cards from there into Deck B, and so on.

The only changes I want to be able to do is upgrades for each deck.

If their were neutral cards similar to Gandalf in lotr which ends up in every deck then multiple copies of Dunwich may be required if you do not want to be constantly swapping cards in and out of decks.

Either way I'm not going to be buying two copies of each expansion, so it looks like i'll be swapping cards in and out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
Chudley wrote:

I wonder if a complete play set is true for only one investigator? For example, let's say I have mandatory card "A". I have two copies in my deluxe expansion. Now, I will play with two investigators. I have both "A" in one deck, what's the other investigator going to have in theirs?

A playset has always been enough for one player to have whatever they want. It's based on the assumption that each player brings their own deck to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adventurous Moose

LOUISVILLE
KY - Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmb
rsdockery wrote:
Chudley wrote:

A playset has always been enough for one player to have whatever they want. It's based on the assumption that each player brings their own deck to the game.

Well, usually the decks aren't doing the same thing so 9/10 times this isn't an issue. It only (usually) becomes an issue when the decks have similar strategies/tactics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jackelantern wrote:
rsdockery wrote:
Chudley wrote:

Well, usually the decks aren't doing the same thing so 9/10 times this isn't an issue. It only (usually) becomes an issue when the decks have similar strategies/tactics.

Sometimes there are nutral cards that become standard in every deck. If you put 3 Gandalfs in one deck out of LotR core, then the other deck can only have one (think they included 4 in the core).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Channell
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
Jackelantern wrote:
rsdockery wrote:
Chudley wrote:

Sometimes there are nutral cards that become standard in every deck. If you put 3 Gandalfs in one deck out of LotR core, then the other deck can only have one (think they included 4 in the core).

Other FFGs have the capability to play two players. However, these were competitive games. I would hope that because the box says 1-2 players, there are enough cards to two players. Again, like other LCG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chudley wrote:
ACGalaga wrote:
Jackelantern wrote:
rsdockery wrote:
Chudley wrote:

Other FFGs have the capability to play two players. However, these were competitive games. I would hope that because the box says 1-2 players, there are enough cards to two players. Again, like other LCG.

You can play 2 players but you may not be able to play m as optimally. It's honestly not so bad with LotR. Worst case scenario would be 2 Gandalfs in each deck. You don't share cards much more than that otherwise.

Honestly, this is all just speculation. I'm getting one core and my friend is getting one core. He'll make two decks and I'll make two decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.