Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- can the Mech decide to keep carrying the workers, after its move ended (workers are not dropped off) or does the drop off always happens?
- if dropoff always happens, does that mean, that in order to cross a lake with a Mech and workers, I need 2 movement points for that Unit (so that I can safely dropoff on the other side?)
- if dropoff is optional, if someone attacks my Mech that was carrying workers ans wins, does the attacker still suffer the popularity loss (it doesn't matter that workers were in the mech, not in the hex?).

My take:
- can keep carrying, it's optional to drop off
- no, the mech can just park in the lake and drop off workers in next move action
- still loses popularity

Confirm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
- can the Mech decide to keep carrying the workers, after its move ended (workers are not dropped off) or does the drop off always happens?
- if dropoff always happens, does that mean, that in order to cross a lake with a Mech and workers, I need 2 movement points for that Unit (so that I can safely dropoff on the other side?)
- if dropoff is optional, if someone attacks my Mech that was carrying workers ans wins, does the attacker still suffer the popularity loss (it doesn't matter that workers were in the mech, not in the hex?).

My take:
- can keep carrying, it's optional to drop off
- no, the mech can just park in the lake and drop off workers in next move action
- still loses popularity

Confirm?

Whether a worker is "in" the mech or "out" of the mech is a distinction that the game doesn't make. They are never "dropped off" they just exist in the hex with the mech, and can be moved by them. There is no "in the mech" or "out of the mech" condition for them.

For your three questions:
1 - irrelevant, there is no "drop off"
2 - the workers can exist in the lake hex as long is the mech is there, but the mech cannot leave the hex without taking the workers with it, as the rules state, you cannot leave the workers in the lake hex.
3 - still loses popularity as there is no "in the mech" state, there is only the condition of forcing workers to retreat as a result of combat, which you have done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I read this somewhere already, but just to doublecheck:

If my mech has +1 Move, can I take 3 workers with me, drop 2 off after the First move and continue for the second Move? Or can I only drop them off at the very End of my movement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that makes things easier

Connor, you can pick up and drop off on the go. It's in the manual under "speed" mech ability for the first faction. A bit unintuitive (as I would expect it in the Movement section), but it's there nonetheless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See, I knew I read it somewhere, but couldn't find it again yesterday...thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is also legal to chain the workers:

You can take workers with the first mech that you move in a turn, stopping in a territory with another of your mechs (or lake, with appropriate ability), and then move your second mech, carrying the same workers further. You could even use a third movement to move one of the very same workers yet another space beyond the mech's final destination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.