Subject: Not available from online retailers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Gemmer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was checking into the price of this and was surprised to see this doesn't show up at all on Miniature Market, CSI, or game surplus. I've never seen that before, and especially surprising because I thought this one was getting quite a bit of hype. What does this mean about the retail availability of the game? I asked my LGS to call me if they get a copy but now I'm worried that it won't be as readily available as I thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only sold from company web site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
the chandrian wrote:
I was checking into the price of this and was surprised to see this doesn't show up at all on Miniature Market, CSI, or game surplus. I've never seen that before, and especially surprising because I thought this one was getting quite a bit of hype. What does this mean about the retail availability of the game? I asked my LGS to call me if they get a copy but now I'm worried that it won't be as readily available as I thought.

With Knight Works being a small indie company the print run for this game was limited to the funds that we received from the Kickstarter campaign (minus fees, cargo/backer shipping, manufacturing, etc.) There were only 1,500 copies of Hands in the Sea manufactured and we only have a few 100 remaining in the US and maybe 100 in the EU.

We could have easily locked down those copies to Knight Works (for additional profit), but I have really appreciated working with both Nick at Funagain, as well as Dave and Daniel at Spiral Galaxy Games. I have opened up a limited portion of my remaining stock for Funagain to begin sales this coming Monday. I am currently working with Spiral Galaxy Games on the remaining stock, so no word on availability yet.

Whatever is left, once both those companies sell out, will be sold from our company store at www.KnightWorksGames.com. Plus, I will be bringing a few copies to BGG.CON this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gemmer
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info and I just placed my order. I would have been majorly bummed if I had missed out.

On a related note, is there any way to get notified when the upgrade kit comes back in stock in the states?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
the chandrian wrote:
Thanks for the info and I just placed my order. I would have been majorly bummed if I had missed out.

On a related note, is there any way to get notified when the upgrade kit comes back in stock in the states?

Yes, the easiest way is to sign up for email notifications on our site here:
http://www.knightworksgames.com/newsletters/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
This won't help US-based prior posters but UK gamers can get the KS edition online from Board Game Guru (at least for now).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this sold out at Funagain or not yet available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:
Is this sold out at Funagain or not yet available?
Funagain has not made the games available yet. They still have the stock that I set aside for them, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
Israel
flag msg tools
Will there be a reprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Badigel wrote:
Will there be a reprint?

We have seriously been considering a reprint, but I have no idea on the timeline for that. I have been in contact with a few larger distributors, but I am still unsure of the demand.

The easiest thing for our small indie game company would be to run another Kickstarter campaign to gauge the overall interest. That would probably not be until Feb 2017 and the manufacturing would take 4-6 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goirish 374
msg tools
sold out everywhere it would appear :/

(good for Knight Works Games, obviously)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Goirish374 wrote:
sold out everywhere it would appear :/

(good for Knight Works Games, obviously)

We still have a few copies available at our fulfilment centers in Canada and the EU. There are also several international game stores that have copies. Here is the ones that I know about.

Canada - http://www.boardgamebliss.com/
* For folks in the US, the shipping rates from BoardGameBliss are quite reasonable at US$11.

Australia - http://www.thegamescapital.com.au/

France - http://www.hexasim.com/

As an indie game publisher, I am ecstatic at selling out the first print run for the game. It was a boost that I feel Knight Works really needed. We plan on running a Kickstarter in February 2017 to gauge the overall interest from both regular gamers and distributors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goirish 374
msg tools
well, how about that!

just ordered from boardgamebliss.com

i can't thank you enough! that was profoundly helpful and exceeded my wildest expectations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did Funagain ever start selling copies? I've been checking and haven't seen them so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:
Did Funagain ever start selling copies? I've been checking and haven't seen them so far.

We had intended for Funagain to have copies of the game available. Unfortunately, I underestimated the number of pre-orders and distributor/retailer copies that needed to be shipped out. By the time I firmed up my calculations of the remaining copies we were sold out. I asked Funagain to hold the 40 remaining copies for BGG.CON in November.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
www.boardgamebliss.com is sold out.

And I had some friends go to BGG CON, I could've asked them to try to snag a copy. DOH!

Oh well, it just would've gone on the pile of never-to-be-played-wargames (I'm looking at you, Asia Engulfed, Europe Engulfed, Roads to Leningrad, Napoleonic Wars 2nd ed.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Conn
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honor wrote:

And I had some friends go to BGG CON, I could've asked them to try to snag a copy. DOH!

I never saw it at any of the merchant tables.

Quote:
Oh well, it just would've gone on the pile of never-to-be-played-wargames (I'm looking at you, Asia Engulfed, Europe Engulfed, Roads to Leningrad, Napoleonic Wars 2nd ed.)

EE and NW were both played at bggcon, and I was looking for an AE opponent. You should come play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
derp de doo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honor wrote:

I actually played Hands in the Sea at BGG CON, loved it and had no idea that there were copies of it for sale there until now..... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talonz wrote:
EE and NW were both played at bggcon, and I was looking for an AE opponent. You should come play.

I missed the narrow window for tickets this year.

I do have tickets for BGG Spring, fingers crossed that work is at a lull that week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We were at BGG.CON, but we ended up in the second exhibitor hall which may have limited people seeing our booth. Our loss is your gain... I have 25 remaining copies from the convention and enough Kickstarter custom wood tokens and mini-expansions for all copies. With free shipping to US customers.

Knight Works Store
http://www.knightworksgames.com/store/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn. Normally I could tell myself that $80 (or $60 for base game) is too much to spend on one non-mega-sized game. But you've already shown me how disappointed I would be if I missed out on this game, so I had to purchase it.

I hope other publishers and retailers don't find out how effective this was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.