Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Bjorn,

I have noted two discrepancies between the NiA Rulebook rewrite 1.42 and the charts, and hope you can clarify these situations.

1) The charts show a -1 DRM for interception, whereas the rules indicate that the intercepting force gets a +1 DRM. What is the DRM and does it apply to just the attacker or defender?

2) The chart sequence for combat resolution doesn't list a supply check for the winner but 8.1 sequence includes 3. battle outcome step 3 to check attacker supply. Does the attacker have to check supply just at the beginning of activation, or are there additional checks after each field battle?

Thanks! Tom

Originally posted on consimworld: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd5833a/2028
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Engqvist
Sweden
Goteborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
tswider wrote:
Hi Bjorn,

I have noted two discrepancies between the NiA Rulebook rewrite 1.42 and the charts, and hope you can clarify these situations.

1) The charts show a -1 DRM for interception, whereas the rules indicate that the intercepting force gets a +1 DRM. What is the DRM and does it apply to just the attacker or defender?

Not sure what you mean here, there are several modifiers both for -1 and +1? Remember the intercepting player wants to roll 10 or more to succeed, positive mods help him, such as having a cavalry leader present, or having a better initiative value than his opponent. Negative mods hinder him, such as leading a mixed nationality Force.

Quote:
2) The chart sequence for combat resolution doesn't list a supply check for the winner but 8.1 sequence includes 3. battle outcome step 3 to check attacker supply. Does the attacker have to check supply just at the beginning of activation, or are there additional checks after each field battle?

Thanks! Tom

Supply checks are listed in 7.11.1 and at the end of a field battle is case c in that list. In 8.1.3.e you have attacker check supply.

If you are referring to my Activations and Battle play aid here on BGG that indeed does not list a supply check and that is clearly an oversight when I put that together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. I was indeed referring to the Field Battle Sequence file posted here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Janiec
United States
(Teller County)
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Another contradiction is on the Corsairs table. The note under the table says, "round loss up," but in the example at the end of 13.24, 10% of 42 is rounded down to 4. So is it round up, round down, or round off to the nearest whole number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris,

I suspect your answer is my answer, and that the chart error was an oversight and the rules/example are correct (rounding down). At least that's how I would call it.

All the best,
Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.