Subject: Implementing Lost legion rules with base game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm new to MK and own the base game only.

I've been perusing the lost legion rulebook for clarifications. Specially the "detailed game concepts" that modify when unspent points are lost, etc.

Should I implement those rules in my game or do they work well only if you have the LL tokens, cards, new abilities, etc?

Also, for rebalanced base cards (agility, cold toughness,blood ritual). Should I play my cards with the new values? Or again, that is intended for Games with LL complements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would play the game with the Lost Legion adjusted rules, but play the cards you have as they are written. You should be fine. The main difference is that you can play move and influence cards in any phase, but excess points are lost between phases.

Even if you use the original rules, you'll be fine, too. The original rules arenn't bad or broken, it's just that Los Legion cleans up a few areas and is also needed for some of the newer cards and units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glazier
United States
Brentwood (not the OJ one)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am brand new to Mage Knight, and am just getting ready to play the walkthrough mission. I also have Lost Legion on order.

I don't understand the new rules about playing cards at any time as described in the changes to base game rules in LL rulebook. I read through the changes in the Lost Legion manual, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Why would I want to save points for later?
Why would I want to use movement or influence points in a different phase, e.g. not the movement phase, etc?

I basically don't understand most of page 9, and how it changes the gameplay from the base game. Any help trying to clarify this for me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jglazier wrote:
I am brand new to Mage Knight, and am just getting ready to play the walkthrough mission. I also have Lost Legion on order.

I don't understand the new rules about playing cards at any time as described in the changes to base game rules in LL rulebook. I read through the changes in the Lost Legion manual, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Why would I want to save points for later?
Why would I want to use movement or influence points in a different phase, e.g. not the movement phase, etc?

I basically don't understand most of page 9, and how it changes the gameplay from the base game. Any help trying to clarify this for me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don't have the rulebook in front of me, but as to your question, there are cards that allow you to convert move or influence to something else in combat. In the older rules, you would have to play all movement cards in the movement phase, and those points would carry into combat, which is difficult if you don't know the enemy or enemies. With the revised rules, you can play movement cards during combat.

Also, there is an artifact that gives you fame if used during interaction. Now, you can just play the card, even if not interacting.

In addition, there is a card that gives movement and healing. Before, this could only be played in the movement phase. Now, it can be played after combat.

So it matters due to the ability given by certain cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glazier
United States
Brentwood (not the OJ one)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent explanation, Ali. That makes a lot of sense. Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.