Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about weapon level rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Just bought this game. I'm loving it! But I have a question. I played my first game last night and built the knife (+1 on weapon track). Then I built "weapons" two more times taking the weapon track to level 3. I was forced to go hunting and was area led by a gorilla. With my weapons meter at 3 and my one off pistol shot (+3) I had a total weapon strength on 6. I defeated the gorilla. The beast card told me to lower my weapon rank by 3. That took the meter back down to 0. So here's my question. I still had my knife. If I were to fight again would I have a strength of 1 because of the knife or would I have a strength of zero because of the meter? This question became more important when I saw the bow. If this same thing were to happen with the bow would it still give a strength of 3 or would I have a strength of 0. It doesn't make sense to me that these weapons are only useful for one fight. I think they should constantly add their strength to the fight but I don't understand how that works with the weapons meter. I feel like the bow should always give 3 strength and the knife 1 in every fight even if the weapon meter reads 0. Is this right? Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, the track is your weapon level. Thematically, what you've built before has degraded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
senorcoo wrote:
Nope, the track is your weapon level. Thematically, what you've built before has degraded.

Poop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that even though the knife is "broken" now, the card does not flip back and you cannot just rebuild the knife.

This is one of the few things I don't like in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters.
mbmb
manningm01 wrote:
senorcoo wrote:

Poop

Welcome to the World of Robinson Cruel-so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dienes wrote:
Note that even though the knife is "broken" now, the card does not flip back and you cannot just rebuild the knife.

Ironically, it's one of the (many) things I like about it. Makes the game even more arduous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I've now played three games and have lost each one. I've made it to round 7 though. It's fun! But hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antanas
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dienes wrote:

Well, it's not really broken. You still have it as a prerequisite for other items.

manningm01 wrote:
I've now played three games and have lost each one. I've made it to round 7 though. It's fun! But hard.

It gets easier after couple of plays as you know what you're supposed to do and what can be ignored. I remember it was hard at first but now I can barely imagine losing the Castaways scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.