Subject: Basic Multiplayer Questions about 4 players games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michail Giannis
Greece
Petroupoli/Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are different opinions in my group about some basic multiplayer rules and i have to ask them.

1 - How many cards each player draws at the start of the game?
One card of either Strategy or Event deck (his choosing) or 2 cards from each deck and so each player starts with 2 cards in hand?

Quote:
On Turn 1, each player draws one card from each of their respective Event Decks.
On the following turns, each player draws one card from one
Event Deck of his choice.

2 - Can i play an event card with a symbol of my teammate's on it only as a battle card or i can not play a card with my teammates symbol at all (it's a dead card for me)?
Quote:
Normally, Event Cards can only be used by a player if they apply to a Nation or Characters they control. The icon in the lower right corner of the Event portion of a card indicates which player may use that card.
Cards that do not have an icon may be used by any player as appropriate.

3 - I am Saruman player and i have a card that says "Spawn 1 Isengard elite unite and put him in an army group".....Can i spawn this unit BUT put it in an army unit of my teammate (Witchking) thus making a mixed army?
On one hand the this card (and many others don't specify a nation or otherwise) but on the other hand the rule book says
Quote:
Each player only controls certain Nations and can only use his Action Dice and Event Cards to recruit, move, or fight with Armies of these Nations.

The same goes for a card that says "move a unit 3 spaces".....it doesn't say that this unit should be Isengard or something else but the rulebook says i can not use event cards to move army units of my teammate.

4 - Let's assume that there is a mixed army of 5 Witch King's unit and 1 Elite Unit of Saruman's. The army's controller is the Witch King....so far so good. Does the ability of Saruman's that his elite unit's are also leaders still is in effect for the Witch King to use as he sees fit?

I know that some of these are simple questions but bear with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1 - Drawing initial Event cards is part of the turn, not the set up, so the two Shadow players each have a hand of one card after drawing a card on Turn 1.

2. Yes, you may. The combat effects are not limited to one player on a side.

3. If the card directs you to recruit in a Shadow Army, you may recruit the unit where there is ANY Shadow Army controlled by either Shadow player. However, to use an Event card to move an Army, that Shadow Army would need to be one under your control.

4. Saruman's Servants of the White Hand ability is operative regardless of which player controls the Army the Isengard or S&E elite units are in. (And is no longer operative when Saruman is eliminated.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good questions, Michail.

1a - I think this was clarified in a post years ago, but if I recall correctly:

"In a four-player game, each player’s hand limit is four cards instead of six."(p45)
+
"The three-player game uses the same rules as the four- player game, but there is only one Free Peoples player, who plays normally as in a standard two-player game"(p46)
=
In a 3-player game, the Shadow players each have a hand limit of four cards while the Free Peoples player starts the game by drawing two cards (one from each deck) and retains a hand limit of six.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MountainRoot wrote:
There are different opinions in my group about some basic multiplayer rules and i have to ask them.

1 - How many cards each player draws at the start of the game?
One card of either Strategy or Event deck (his choosing) or 2 cards from each deck and so each player starts with 2 cards in hand?

Quote:
On Turn 1, each player draws one card from each of their respective Event Decks.
On the following turns, each player draws one card from one
Event Deck of his choice.

That means that on turn 1, the Witch King draws 1 strategy card and one character card, and the Saruman player also draws 1 strategy card and one character card. That's 2 cards each, 4 in total for the Shadow.

Next turn each Shadow player will have 3 cards in their hand, assuming no cards have been used up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michail Giannis
Greece
Petroupoli/Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So i thought....that i have to draw one card from each deck.

Thanks everyone for the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.