Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps a bit early to be asking since the game isn't out yet, but will the play time of the game go up as you continue to add more "years" to the game? I would expect that as you add more mechanics to the game, turns could become longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the first 2 at bgg@sea. The second game was quite a bit longer then the first. But the first 2 are kinda considered the tutorial levels. I didn't get a chance to play game 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Prasuhn
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
Perhaps a bit early to be asking since the game isn't out yet, but will the play time of the game go up as you continue to add more "years" to the game? I would expect that as you add more mechanics to the game, turns could become longer.

The first game is pretty short, probably about 30-45 min. Later games are closer to 1-1.5 hrs. Each game adds additional villains that must be defeated. The additional mechanics don't really add extra time. I haven't played game 6 or 7 yet, but I think 1.5 hours is about the average length of each game. Fortunately there isn't very much downtime between turns. It flows well and doesn't encourage Analysis Paralysis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Duncan
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It usually does, yes.

The reason is that every year adds new villains to the pile of villains you must defeat and some years add a small new mechanic. Some of the are replaced for "harder" versions but mostly more are added.

..Though I believe the number of locations you must defend are static at three and they get a little harder to defend. Since the games get harder, perhaps you lose a little more often and thus keep the gametime around 45-75 minutes.

I've only played up to year four so far but have peaked at all the other years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Cummings
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, definitely changes. but from about game 5 on it feels to level around 90 minutes in my experience (though a loss can drag out to 2 hours).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.