6 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » General

Subject: Edition Query rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Kyle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi everyone! I've noticed by looking through the forums for SDE that people make mention of different editions of the game. That is; 1, 1.5 and 2. Is there a way to tell which edition of SDE you have?

Ideally, I'd like to play the most up to date ruleset with the standard SDE box. To aid in this, I've picked up the Forgotten King rulebook and the Forgotten King upgrade deck. Will I be playing as up to date as I can once these items arrive? Currently I am unclear on what edition each box belongs to and want to be sure I'm actually running things from the same edition. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex G
United Kingdom
Smethwick
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you will be as up to date as you can be at the moment. The 'standard box' (with the kobolds and drakes) was 1st edition, Forgotten King updated the rules somewhat and the last kickstarter was for what will be the 2nd edition (remade 'standard box') together with the Legends mode way of playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Kyle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you chap! I appreciate the clarification =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SDE 1,5 is a downloadable pdf update to ruleset 1. v2 the ruleset is the updated rules published with sde:fk boxeset.

The update deck is merely meant so you can use models released before sde:fk in sde:fk it is NOT all you need to play v2 rules as it is missing treasure decks, explore decks, arcade mode ai deck , creeps etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Can you mix the different editions? I'm just getting into the game and I have a version 1 copy but some version 1.5 or 2 expansions.

Can I use version 1 stuff in version 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:
Can I use version 1 stuff in version 2?

As some of the game mechanisms changed, the 1.0 cards aren't compatible with the later (1.5/2.0) forgotten king rules.
To use the older content (old content: http://sodapopminiatures.com/super-dungeon-explore/special-e...) with the new rules you need an upgrade card pack:
http://sodapopminiatures.com/forgotten-king-upgrade-deck-798

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.