Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Resting-Jeppesen
Denmark
Søborg
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
If I clear a room of monsters and have a healer, can I heal my group before moving to next part of the quest? Or take other actions for that matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
resting wrote:
If I clear a room of monsters and have a healer, can I heal my group before moving to next part of the quest? Or take other actions for that matter?

It would help if you told us the scenario or campaign you are playing.

I assume it might be Road to Legend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If it's the end if a quest or encounter then you probably can't. Once you hit the win or lose conditions it ends immediately.

Now if you haven't won bit have cleared all the visible monster, then yeah you can spend a few turns to heal. Just be forewarned that the overlord, and the RTU app, will gather strength as well. The overlord has options to be subtle about itn but trust me they're cooking something up. The app will drop peril effects on you, spawning monsters or other troubles for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
resting wrote:

If you're playing Road to Legend and you've successfully killed all the monsters, you can spend as many turns as you like taking rest actions and using special abilities to heal and running back for any search tokens you passed.

BUT you'll likely die if you do this. Road to Legend's "Peril" system means that the more turns you spend in a dungeon, the more likely you are to suffer highly damaging peril effects. If you spend 2-3 turns healing after ever room, by the time you reach the end of the dungeon you'll be suffering huge amounts of damage from peril, or having additional monster groups hurled at you, or both.

Descent is a race--even in the Road to Legend form. Every turn you spend NOT moving directly towards your goal will make it that much harder to succeed in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Resting-Jeppesen
Denmark
Søborg
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oh cool didn't know about the peril thing. Then it makes sense. Didn't find it fair that I could just hang around and heal before moving on without any consequences. Yeah I'm doing road to legend, just started a campaign and did the first side quest. Somthing about tracking down a dragon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.