Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was so excited to receive this game yesterday right on my birthday and being able to play it on 9/11 as a kind of remembrance.

However, understanding the new bots take some getting used to because not everything is explained and assumes good knowledge of the rules of the original game...

Here are some questions/observations:

1) In Jihadist Action Phase 1, Card 1, is there a mistake on the Event Instructions Table as card 164 on the table really is 162? On the Event Instructions Table it says that SCAF is card 164 but SCAF is card 162. This could explain why the example of play says that Card 164 has not entry..

2) In US Action Phase 2, Card 2, I don't understand why the US bot reaches "Disrupt for +Prestige or to place cadre?" box. Why wouldn't it conduct WOI in either Afghanistan or Pakistan? Both countries are Neutral or Ally, Afghanistan has 5 more troops than cells, and both countries have positive DRM due to the presence of awakening markers.

I'll keep adding more questions as I slowly go through the example of play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Jonathan,

1) You are correct, there's a typo on Event Instructions Table for SCAF. It should read 162. Also "Limited Deployment" is listed as 137 but is actually 157.

2) If I am remembering correctly, WOI wasn't performed because, despite the Awakening markers, the US Bot had a -2 GWOT penalty and so the net WOI DRM was -1.

Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Adam! You are correct on both counts. And thanks for clarifying the WOI modifier I missed. It would have been nice if the example of play had all the steps explained! It's taking me forever to go through these examples Game looks awesome though! Great narrative!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
You're welcome. I anticipate many questions on the bots. Hopefully I'll have a chance to post a video of a bot v. bot turn or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Upping this thread as I go through the solo playthrough. On the Jihadist action phase 1, the jihadist bot selects Pakistan for the 2nd card and I am not sure why. The priority table says "Pakistan (unless no arsenal)" and I guess I am having trouble to correctly interpret the double negation. Could someone help me understand the logic here? My first thought would lead to skip Pakistan as a priority (arsenal would be needed to make it a priority).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Didier,

"unless no Arsenal" means that Pakistan is the priority unless it no longer has its WMD Arsenal (already turned IR at least once)

Hope that helps.

Adam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Adam! I understand my confusion now, I took "no arsenal" to mean that Pakistan has *not yet* acquired WMD! Make sense now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.