Hide
2 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Variants

Subject: Casual Play Race Idea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J D
msg tools
I'm trying to come up with some casual play scenarios to try out at one of our local FLGS. A while ago, at least a year ago or more, someone had posted ideas about doing a race of sorts for Attack Wing. I can't locate the original post so I figured I'd bring it up here for ideas.

The first thing I was trying to decide was whether to do it NASCAR style and go around & around a number of times or do heats with the same track 3 times. I am leaning towards the 2nd option since this would allow for random elements, such as obstacles or other things, to be placed throughout the course to create random occurrences. For example, having mission tokens placed by the players that have random numbers on the bottom that correspond to random trigger events. Kind of like Mario Kart.

The other thing I was thinking was having a limit on the ships used with a cap of around 30-40 points. No weapon upgrades are needed but anything the increases or speed or maneuvers would be a must. Objective is to get players to use smaller ships that generally collect dust in their storage cases.

If anyone has any ideas please share them. Once I get a better plan in place I'll share it with the community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the reason I remember this is I did one of them!

So the one I did "Antarian Rally":

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1214761/antarian-rally-scen...

Then more recently someone built a "Mario Kart" style scenario to introduce people to the game:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1588143/running-introductio...

Both with various feedback and ideas from the community!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.