Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
If you could choose between either one which would it be and why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you can get your hands on Factory Funner so I would say Factory Fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
I don't think you can get your hands on Factory Funner so I would say Factory Fun.

Thant wasn't the question.. I can get either or both. Are they different enough to own each or is Funner superior? It looks better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
New Westminster
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Are they different enough to own each or is Funner superior? It looks better.

I think Funner is better, though I'm not sure I can explain why. The gameplay just feels cleaner with hexes instead of squares/rectangles. Plus Funner seems to play faster, with the result that we usually play 2-3 games in a row. With Fun we'd generally play one game and be done.

I think that if you owned both you'd find Fun gathering dust.

Fun is still a good game, and if you can get it for substantially cheaper than Funner, I'd do that. I mean, I wouldn't pay CAD$250 for Funner or anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I can get either for $50 so wasn't sure if i would want both. I was leaning towards funner based on looks alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer Fun but enjoy Funner. Funner has the nicer production levels and plays more quickly. Fun is a bit more "brain-burny" in that you have more options for moving stuff around on the factory floor and connections are worth more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
I prefer Fun but enjoy Funner. Funner has the nicer production levels and plays more quickly. Fun is a bit more "brain-burny" in that you have more options for moving stuff around on the factory floor and connections are worth more.

Do you have (or have access) to Funner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
larryjrice wrote:

I do but are you asking larry?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Quote:

Larry. He's a smidge closer. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Quote:

Larry. He's a smidge closer. laugh

Yes, I have both. Heck, I have both versions of Fun and also have Funner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff likes Fun. I'd imagine he'd like Funner; Paul, I don't know. Some Thurs? If naught else, Nov. 1? (I think I just got confirmed. If not sooner, I'll try to ask you again, before 11-1.) May I have first right of refusal on Funner, or is it a keeper?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will make a few Thursdays but not many due to being on call most Thursdays. If tomorrow night is still happening, I've RSVPd. Sure, at this point I don't plan to sell it but I'll try to remember to let you know first if it does go in the sell pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
:D.a.n:C.a.s.e.y:
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funner is funner. The hexes are less intuitive and a little more flexible. The result is that the machine selection is less obvious. With the Fun machines, it is usually very obvious which machine you need (and you better hope you are fast enough to get it). With Funner and that increased flexibility, the machine selection is a little more think-y and a little less screw-y.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.