44.2% of Goal | left

Support:

cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
Edit: updated omega red and whiplash
added Grizzly, Omega Red, Vermin, and Chemistro - ideas taken from places on forums

Edit : I know Mole Man is in FF as a MM, but many of us don't have it, and he works well as a lower level villain, too Please give me updates on the new 3, and please give me more names I can make

Intended to serve as an extra villain group, add 4, 6, 8 or 10 in place of one or one and a half groups or whatever. Some ideas borrowed from others, tried to use multiple game mechanics. Thanks !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: More Villains - unafilliated - including Black Widow (blonde villain) and Ghost : 11 total
1. Just a nitpick, but Beetle needs a "+" on his attack to show it grows. I like the ability tho.

2. Btw, as I commented on your Marrow and Reptil, I will probably point out cards that are really close to existing cards. Like Blizzard matches Iceman from Villains. Take these comments however you want, just informing you.

3. Elusive isn't a "fight" ability. it is its own keyword. Also, idk about Crossbones being "hard to hit".

4. Not sure I understand Speed Demon. "Pushing back"? You could give him Charge. But that would push villains in front of him.

5. I really like your Crimson Dynamo.

6. I'd have to check, but I believe Villains with Bribe have a * next to their attack. Also, I'd probably reword his ability to: "Reveal a Fantastic Four" or "if you played a Fantastic four..."

7. I have some tips on how you could make a Recruitable Villain very similar to Secret Wars 1&2 for Black Widow. She might deserve Elusive and a higher Versatile. Like 3.

8. Restrictions to fight a villain are shown with a * after their attack. Like Elusive and Bribe. I like Ghost a lot tho, I would just reword his ability to match other Ascending Masterminds (You don't have to, I'm just a perfectionist like that haha) and make him stronger.

9. Great Absorbing man! Maybe give him a fight or escape effect?

10. Mr Hyde...Ouch haha. I'd probably prefer him escaping. Which if that is your point, go for it. Or swap the fight and escape effect. Both work.

11. Decent ability for Tiger shark (matches Villain's Wolverine a little lol). Again, i'd add a fight &/or escape.

Hope all this has been helping!! They're just my opinions so take them as you want!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
Re: More Villains - unafilliated - including Black Widow (blonde villain) and Ghost : 11 total
I will be using most of your edits. Thanks a million. Will repost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan has already given you some very good feedback, so I won't say anything about the cards. However, I want to congratulate you for the idea of making a group of unaffiliated villains! It is a very cool concept and I think that UD should come up with something similar. Just imagine the possibilities! You could have some unaffiliated villains in each expansion box and simply randomly select 8 of them each game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
Re: More Villains - unafilliated - including Black Widow (blonde villain) and Ghost : 11 total UPDATED
updated !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: More Villains - unafilliated - including Black Widow (blonde villain) and Ghost : 11 total UPDATED
Looking good!!
Glad to see all your hard work!!

Only nitpick is that I'm still not sure how Speed Demon's Ambush works.

Can't wait to see your next batch!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
Re: More Villains!!! - unafilliated VILLAIN GROUP OF 14 INCL: Batroc, Absorbing Man and Ghost
UPDATED with Batroc, Man-Ape, and Grim Reaper !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: More Villains!!! - unafilliated VILLAIN GROUP OF 14 INCL: Batroc, Absorbing Man and Ghost
Woot! Way to add more!

1. This is pure nitpick, especially since Batroc isn't hurting for text space, but you could always use Charge 2 (from Secret Wars V2) for his ambush. Either way, great job with Batroc!!

2. Grim Reaper...just...ouch... Ouuuucchhh.

3. I really like what you did with Man-Ape. I'd probably have him gain a bigger boost from not using a <STRENGTH> Hero against him. But that's personal preference.

Keep up the great work!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database.

Placed at the Top of the Villain Group sheet due to the mix and match ability of the set.

Well done!

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
These look pretty good. I know far too little about almost all of them to make too many intelligent comments. I found one extremely forgivable mistake.

Your flavor text isn't in italics. I would be astonished to find anyone who wouldn't figure out that the stuff on the bottom of Blizzard's card isn't related to rules, but some people are perfectionists.

I liked your Absorbing Man and Ghost. I have no clue who Batroc is so I can't tell you what I think of him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks!! no italics for flavor text yet in the LEgEdit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsallak wrote:
These look pretty good. I know far too little about almost all of them to make too many intelligent comments. I found one extremely forgivable mistake.

Your flavor text isn't in italics. I would be astonished to find anyone who wouldn't figure out that the stuff on the bottom of Blizzard's card isn't related to rules, but some people are perfectionists.

I liked your Absorbing Man and Ghost. I have no clue who Batroc is so I can't tell you what I think of him.

Batroc was the lead Merc in the 2nd Capt. America movie (Dude Cap and Black Widow took down at the start of the movie)...so you may have seen him, at least in the Movie-verse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Batroc's Ambush ability could just be rewritten as "Batroc charges two spaces" right? May be easier since there's already a keyword that does the mechanic you mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H R J H R
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
swirlsaepi wrote:
Batroc's Ambush ability could just be rewritten as "Batroc charges two spaces" right? May be easier since there's already a keyword that does the mechanic you mentioned.

+1 I agree

Good villains
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
MORE VILLAINS ADDED
these have really added to my games. I want to make a ton more. Please give me villain name ideas if you have any

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
Re: More Villains!!! - unafilliated VILLAIN GROUP INCL: Mole Man, Swarm, and Whiplash
bump any thoughts on new dudes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Re: More Villains!!! - unafilliated VILLAIN GROUP INCL: Mole Man, Swarm, and Whiplash
Ah, so Batroc is the fellow played by some UFC alumnus who had the spiffy fight scene with Cap in Winter Soldier. I thought he had a really French name, and was probably thrown off by movie version having no powers. Of course Punisher of the Villains set has no powers either yet is a tank of an Adversary (as powerful as Juggernaut who is basically a god), so maybe comic Batroc also has no powers.

I still like the customs, but I'm a little concerned about a category of unaffiliated Villain "teams". Some people already dislike the amount of set up and tear down time to the game, and having another thing they have to to organize and choose among adds to that. Also, no small number of people have difficulty categorizing things and will resort to miscellaneous too readily. I fear this would encourage them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
it is easier to breakdown, as they all go in a random group - all 20 unafiilated guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
Happy to add some more !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
I like adding Masterminds as regular Villains to this. Especially since this is a "If you don't want to use them, don't" expansion. I personally would have them Ascend when they escape, since they ARE Masterminds.

- I like Grizzly. If you wanted to make them look more like traditional recruit-able Villains, take a look at my Animal Crossing expansion and see if you want me to tell ya what I did for them. I will say, I noticed most recruit-able Villains have Attack equal to what the ability would cost. So you might bump Grizzly up by 1, but that's up to you.

- I like Chemistro, although I think his first ability doesn't need any Ambush in front of it. It's just an ability that is constant.

- I really like Vermin. That's a really unique ability.

- Omega Red is fine.

- For Whiplash, is that supposed to be Fight then Escape? Traditionally Ambush goes first.

- Swarm is fine.

- I like Moleman constantly grabbing Bystanders, but I'd still make him Ascend. You can make Ascend a keyword like I did too. It just means that "When this Villain escapes, they ascend to be a Mastermind with the following Master Strike:". Saves on space.

I have noticed most of your Villains are low to mid tier. So maybe thinking of 7-9 attack villains will give ya some inspiration.

But yeah, i'd take a page from the Marvel Zombie's of Secret Wars V1, and make some Ascending versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
Great Advice !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
1) The bad guys from the last update please me quite a bit. Omega Red has always been one of my favorite enemies, and you made him as tremendous as I think he should be. If anything I'd make him more of a wound-generating machine, but 'merely' being an Adversary with eight Attack is enough.

2) Other custom creators have made guys that shut down recruiting things, and apparently that can cripple the whole game. The people who cautioned others about this are among the most accomplished of them, too, so I'd pay attention to what they say. It makes sense to me, but I think (already forgot) that Chemistro (or whatever the name is) only stops recruiting the card below him, so maybe that isn't too punishing.

3) I too think that Mastermind-caliber bad guys should Ascend.

4) Don't forget that flavor text should be italicized. Yes, I am a stickler for grammar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.