Hide
8 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Favorite solo party? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AJ Beavor
msg tools
I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite solo party is. I just started the campaign with the fighter, ranger, and cleric and have had pretty good success with the first 3 adventures. I'm thinking about switching in the wizard for the ranger on the next adventure. What parties have you guys had the most success with? Are some heroes more overpowered than others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I used the rogue, fighter and ranger.

Rogue is great for crazy Advantage combos.

Fighter is great for stacking Recharge tokens on.

I have fond memories of the Ranger but that's all at the moment.

Of the 5 in the box, I think the Rogue is probably the best, pre-upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Beaklini
msg tools
When i play alone i always play with all five, i don't see why to leave anyone behind.

For solo play (as in solo heroes) i think only the Fighter and the Ranger are viable, as only then have the tools to deal with all the threats of the campaign (mainly a way to deal more then 1 damage with one hit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
Time for some new overtext
badge
Something will come to mind
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm one to play with all five as well. If I had to drop down to three I would probably leave out the Fighter and Wizard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Beaklini
msg tools
WHAT? The Figther is the best character. +10 to hit, and Sweeping Attack + Daring Shout is the best AoE combo in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
Time for some new overtext
badge
Something will come to mind
mbmbmbmbmb
mXZPLK wrote:
WHAT? The Figther is the best character. +10 to hit, and Sweeping Attack + Daring Shout is the best AoE combo in the game.

I'm not a fan of area attacks since you only get one treasure. I'd rather manage the monsters and kill one per turn to maximize development of the characters between scenarios.

Still, that one time my Fighter killed eight monsters using the tactic you described was fantastic!

And the Ranger is the best character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i aways play solo with only one hero and one ally. In this set, the ranger is awesome for pure solo.
If you combine same class powers from previous games, you have some brutal combos!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
topera wrote:
i aways play solo with only one hero and one ally. In this set, the ranger is awesome for pure solo.
If you combine same class powers from previous games, you have some brutal combos!!

Right! That awesome Ranger At-will from CR. "deal 1 damage to an adjacent monster."

One of the best powers in the game I think. Combine that with Drizzt's, intentionally OP stance and Gwenhyvar(?), and it's probably amazing.

I've considered taking Drizz't for a solo run through TOEE. He might be able to do it without the other Ranger powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.