Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I noticed there aren't any how to play videos for HF - How would one get started, given the incredibly dense ruelset?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard to be Rhado's video at https://boardgamegeek.com/video/38024/high-frontier/rahdo-ru...

There is also a really good 8-page PDF guide, but I can't seem to find a link to it at this time.

Go slow, focus on learning one thing, and don't be afraid to play a few turns to learn a concept then take a break or start over. When I was learning the rules, I read somewhere that it takes about 20 games to really understand the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Maier
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not exactly a how-to video, but I found Rahdo's playthrough to be very helpful. He makes some errors, but it's helps to see him go through a few turns and run over options and what various choices mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would start with this:

https://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Rocket-Science-Engineeri...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Christensen
United States
Dickinson
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs on the head.
badge
Rub the wizard!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also play the Hermes Fall scenario solitaire until you solve it with a couple of different factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.