Subject: Grab What You Can (mission 4) Q rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Jorgenson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I don't get this. The sixth bullet point under Mission Special Rules states:
> Doors leading to the rooms with the computer and the prototype are locked. Corresponding terminals must be hacked to open them.

According to the map, these terminals are inside the locked rooms. So how does one get to them (short of the optional rule for breaking open doors with cyberlimbs)? And what's the point - if I were to use cyberlimbs optional rule or some gear/neurochip to get through the door then I'm now at my objective and moving to the terminal wastes time and doesn't help achieve the goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
farseerixirvost wrote:
I don't get this. The sixth bullet point under Mission Special Rules states:
> Doors leading to the rooms with the computer and the prototype are locked. Corresponding terminals must be hacked to open them.

According to the map, these terminals are inside the locked rooms. So how does one get to them (short of the optional rule for breaking open doors with cyberlimbs)? And what's the point - if I were to use cyberlimbs optional rule or some gear/neurochip to get through the door then I'm now at my objective and moving to the terminal wastes time and doesn't help achieve the goals.

There are two types of terminals the "data" terminals you must hack in the rooms and the security Terminals that control or adjacent rooms.

It is not always clear.

You have to force the door or remote hack the security terminals. So make sure you have gear which helps hacking terminals , once done its a dream.

Remember hacking security terminals gives you a tactical advantage as you can ignore TAC modifiers and open close doors to block LOS (not Drone movement though) and store extra programs.

The first 4 or so missions are training and setting the scene missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
all terminals can be hacked remotely with a -3 modifier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Jorgenson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Thanks! I was totally spacing on the ability to remote hack w/ -3 factor. Now it all makes sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.