7,585 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » NSW (Sydney)

Subject: [NORTHERN BEACHES] Game Group Looking for Members! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Day Life
msg tools
Hi there!

Our guild Boards in Dee Why is looking for members!

Some general info!
▪ We meet once a week (generally)
▫ We occasionally meet on weekends for large session games if there is interest, it is always
an option though.
▪ We meet on Thursdays or Wednesdays, depending on member availability
▪ We have 3 members with medium size collections and divergent tastes, so lots of games to
choose form.
▪ We are trying a new thing where we "commit" to a single game for 4-5 sessions so we can
really get into it.
▫ This is not a hard rule, if even a single member hates it and dose not want to keep playing
we don't, or just play it when they are not present.
▫ If we all love the game, we can of course play it more than 5 times in a row
▫ We also have "chill" nights, which are days off out "main game" to run a bunch of lite
casual games or other shorter games. We aim for 2 "main", 1 "chill". So a 3 session cycle.
▪ We meet at each others houses. I usually host as default, but anyone can if they would like to.
▫ I live around Dee Why beach.

If Boards in Dee Why is so fun, why are we looking for members?

We recently had one of our regulars head overseas for a prolonged time, he should be back in a year or so, and another member has just started a new job, making it harder for him to get to weekday meets. Also another one of our regulars moved to the other side of the harbor, and that is just to far to travel for her.

This means that our core group has been whittled down to 3.

Now 3 is a good number, but we really would like to get 4 at any given session. It seams that 4 is the "default" size for many games and then occasionally we would love to get 5 or 6.

Like most guilds we do not expect people to come every week, so we are fine with having more "members" than we expect at a single game night.

My Collection

Sorry, I hate data entry so BBG game list is not updated. So here is a photo of my collection (there is more packed away in the garage).

The guild plays a lot of things and the members collect all sorts of types. Euros, Wargaming, Thematics, Lite Casual Games... etc etc.

We do not tend to play many co-op games, though I personally have a bunch of them but the general rule is we will play anything at least once.

Wana Come check it out?

If you are interested in a fun casual group then dro pa reply or come to our guild and say hello!

Guild : Boards in Dee Why
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.