Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy,

I have not played Eldritch Horror yet. I'm wondering if the investigator figures that come with MoM are the same ones that come in EH?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Half of them so far, i'm assuming they will release the other characters in future expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnathan Gopen
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
EH doesn't use minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dalamarth wrote:
EH doesn't use minis.
You can use the minis to replace the standees and to hold the monster tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps the question could have been about the investigators being the drawn from the same "Arkham" pool rather than the minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
By name, yes. By portrait, maybe. IIRC, The Arkham Horror portraits match the Mansions of Madness 1st edition mini's, but not necessarily the Eldritch Horror portraits match the Mansions of Madness mini's. Also, there are many more EH investigators than MoM. That being said, if you own both, sure, use the mini's in one game in the other!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely the miniatures can be used in Eldritch Horror, Arkham Horror, and even Elder Sign.

All the games use the same roster of investigators. However, each game has come with the investigators (and Mythos Horrors) released in a different order, so while you may not have all the investigators from Eldritch Horror released in MoM 2e, they should turn up eventually, especially with the enthusiasm that has been shown for this release. I'm hoping to see FFG release the entire range of investigators and monsters over the course of expansion releases for this game.

The miniatures are the same ones that FFG sell as their Premium Format prepainted figures. They are just supplied unpainted in MoM. If you're in a hurry and have the money, you can buy the whole range from FFG and go nuts.

I've seen a lot of criticism levelled at the bases for the monsters. They were designed specifically with the intent of making the monster figures cross compatible with all the Arkham Horror Files games from FFG. The monster chit for the particular game is supposed to be inserted into the base, where it displays the relevant information through the slots in the top.

This feature was a crucial element for storytelling in MoM 1e, as the monster chits had different effects for each miniature of the same type on the underside. That added an element of risk to taking on a monster as you could never be sure which chit was in which base. Only the Keeper player knew for sure.

While some players consider them oversized, I've found almost without exception that they are not much bigger than the figure mounted on them (okay, so maybe the humanoid monsters have much larger bases because they could only be reduced to monster chit sizewhistle).

I'm tickled pink (as I'm sure FFG are) at the runaway success this release seems to be. I loved 1e, even with its flaws, and it's really nice to see a great game done right this time around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrat wrote:
The miniatures are the same ones that FFG sell as their Premium Format prepainted figures. They are just supplied unpainted in MoM. If you're in a hurry and have the money, you can buy the whole range from FFG and go nuts.

Note that this may have been true for MoM 1ed (I don't have that one), but the sculpts in MoM 2ed are much more detailed than the ones for the prepainted figures (verified with Rita Young, William Yorick, and Minh Thi Phan).

I'm definitely gonna paint these and then probably play exclusively with them rather than the prepainted ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DukeOfEarl wrote:
Scrat wrote:

Note that this may have been true for MoM 1ed (I don't have that one), but the sculpts in MoM 2ed are much more detailed than the ones for the prepainted figures (verified with Rita Young, William Yorick, and Minh Thi Phan).

I'm definitely gonna paint these and then probably play exclusively with them rather than the prepainted ones.

I really appreciate everyone's comments here.

Glad to hear that the sculpts in MoM2 are more detailed. That was my hope, and that I could use them in other Arkham Files games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DukeOfEarl wrote:
... the sculpts in MoM 2ed are much more detailed than the ones for the prepainted figures (verified with Rita Young, William Yorick, and Minh Thi Phan).

That's interesting Alain, when you say 'verified', have you done a side by side comparison with the two miniatures in hand? I've always felt the pics of the painted range on the website are not a good promotional tool as the paintjobs (particularly on the investigators) look very clumsy and thickly applied. Perhaps FFG are using a different formulation of PVC now and that holds detail better.

Either way, more detail is good! I really wanted to buy in on the premium miniatures (I own all the AH Files games) until I saw the pics and the price. I was thrilled to find out that FFG were offering them unpainted with MoM 1e as it meant I got another game plus the opportunity to own and paint the miniatures myself. I'm not a professional painter, but I know I can do a better job than the batch painted premium figures. So I'll be doing the same as you Alain. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dalamarth wrote:
EH doesn't use minis.

Mine does!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrat wrote:
DukeOfEarl wrote:
... the sculpts in MoM 2ed are much more detailed than the ones for the prepainted figures (verified with Rita Young, William Yorick, and Minh Thi Phan).

That's interesting Alain, when you say 'verified', have you done a side by side comparison with the two miniatures in hand?

Yes, I have. I have a good number of the prepainted figures, so I had a good basis for comparison. For example, Minh's glasses are sculpted now instead of just painted on.

Sorry for the late answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.