Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Mina oh Mina... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gonecase gonecase
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played as Dracula for the first time. The investigators were spread out all over the map, and there was someone in England because in a previous game the Count had hidden there for an extended period.

Mina was all lonely in Rome, so decided to adopt an aggressive strategy and attack her when she moved to Florence. She survived but took 5 wounds, and then the investigators played Heavenly Host and the Count appeared trapped! But I had the right card to dismiss one of those troublesome holy spots and fled to Genoa. The investigators were traveling aggressively so I was piling up the events, and obtained a Great Wolf card which I sent to bite Mina. Poor Mina was sent away to recover and I racked up two influence.

Van Helsing was alone as well and he tried attacking me. I could have killed him but bit him instead, which wasn't really worth it. The other investigators were closing in, I fled to the Mediterranean and then the South Atlantic. I decided to disembeark at Santander, though I should have taken the damage and tried to head to North Atlantic again. My event cards and encounters helped set up roadblocks and fog, delaying the investigators.

John Seward faced off against a New Vampire in Genoa but couldn't take it down. They decided to focus their attention on me. I fled to Bordeaux but Mina's power managed to reveal my location. Curses! I wolfed to Lisbon and the investigators were all over the region. I fled to Cadiz and set sail, but they used Rufus and I was being heavily damaged. I fled east and took in some sun at Caligari, and tried to use Hide to throw them off. But curses... the investigators were too smart. I once again had to set sail as the investigators went west, and I went into the Black Sea hoping to buy some time and recover at Castle Dracula. Unfortunately, John Seward got there first. However, the New Vampire and an undiscovered Reckless Vampire matured, and my influence was growing as the second week ended.

Things were coming to a close. It was the beginning of the third week and I was at Constanta. I sent a Great Wolf to attack Mina again. I then transformed into a wolf and headed towards Mina and attacked her. I managed to bring her down which added four influence to my total, and Count Dracula was victorious. devil

It was pretty epic. Having my location revealed so early meant that I had to be on the run all the time. I think I could have been even more aggressive at the beginning and attacked Seward or gone after Mina or Helsing. The party was unable to do much searching as they tried to catch me, and that allowed my vampires to mature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angry Augury
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice report! I'm eagerly awaiting my first game which will hopefully come this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua F

New Hampshire
msg tools
mb
Nice!
It does make for exciting games when Dracula is revealed early on. Our best, most exciting game was when Drac was revealed in the very first round of play due to a lucky card draw and even luckier guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great report. How many hunter-players did you have, and how long was the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gonecase gonecase
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randiv wrote:
Great report. How many hunter-players did you have, and how long was the game?

4 players, and it took near to 4 hours. Some rules clarifications, as it's been a while since we've played it. As well as some AP on my part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hebart-Coleman
Ivory Coast
Abidjan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It took panic buying to push me over the edge and purchase this one. It arrived at my home today. Alas it is thousands of miles away for a couple of months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
You kids, get offa my lawn!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great game and I love playing it, but every game has taken 3-4 hours. To date, Dracula has not won but has come very close.

Sad to see it go OOP so soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.