48% of Goal | left

Support:

Doug O
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Monday 9/12/16 Daily Deal at Miniature Market is World's Fair 1893 for $25.60. I'm almost positive that this is practically the everyday price at MM.

MM (Daily Deal) -- $25.60

CSI -- 26.49

CH -- $25.99

Usually, the daily deals offer a 15-20% savings over the regular MM price and competitor's pricing, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

I realize that I am complaining about sales and additional savings, but I just wanted to point out that this deal didn't seem to be as good as most MM daily deals.

EDIT: MM provided an explanation - Glitch in the system.

EDIT II: Daily Deal sale price has been corrected to $20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beez Neez
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Re: [MM] World's Fair 1893 -- $25.60 ... Current Daily Deal that isn't a Great Deal
Yeah, and they had A Distant Plain a few days ago as the daily deal for their normal price ($49.99).

Not sure what's going on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug O
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: [MM] World's Fair 1893 -- $25.60 ... Current Daily Deal that isn't a Great Deal
Beez Neez wrote:
Yeah, and they had A Distant Plain a few days ago as the daily deal for their normal price ($49.99).

Not sure what's going on

I'm not sure either... A few days before the ADP non-deal, they had another GMT game -- Cuba Libre -- as the daily deal for $36, which was a good deal compared to MM's regular price of $44+.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency with MM and their Daily Deals lately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Aces
msg tools
I was about to post the same thing. When it came it that was the price. Also, there seems to be a price hike on a lot of stuff in the last few month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess they mean "deals" as in "dealings with us as a company" (aka transactions) instead of "good deals" (aka bargains).

Explanation provided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Harris
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good call. I was thinking the exact same thing. Glad to know I'm not going crazy.

Hopefully this is just an error and wont be the trend going forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deehizzle wrote:
Good call. I was thinking the exact same thing. Glad to know I'm not going crazy.

I'd expect it to get fixed in the next hour or two now once they are open. For example a Distant Plain cited above was a proper deal a month ago, and wasn't actually supposed to be the deal last week. The page changed to point to the actual game on sale around noon. So it looks like they are having problems with the script that changes the daily update page at midnight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's some kind of glitch. Sent them a message and they replied that they're working on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Early
United States
Wilmington
DE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OgieGamer wrote:
I realize that I am complaining about sales and additional savings, but I just wanted to point out that this deal didn't seem to be as good as most MM daily deals.

Well, nothing will ever beat their discounted salmon:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miniature Market
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Miniature Market - Online Gaming Superstore - Miniaturemarket.com
badge
Miniature Market - Online Gaming Superstore - Miniaturemarket.com
mbmbmb
We are having a problem with our system at the moment and have been working on it for the past few days. We have suspended all daily deal emails and won't turn them back on until the problem is fixed. Obviously we aren't intentionally running a daily deal at the normal daily price.

Again, I will post an update once it is fixed.

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
miniaturemarket wrote:
We are having a problem with our system at the moment and have been working on it for the past few days. We have suspended all daily deal emails and won't turn them back on until the problem is fixed. Obviously we aren't intentionally running a daily deal at the normal daily price.

Steve

And this is one of the reasons why I like shopping at Miniature market and CoolstuffInc, they actually talk to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good game, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug O
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
burke4865 wrote:
miniaturemarket wrote:

Steve

And this is one of the reasons why I like shopping at Miniature market and CoolstuffInc, they actually talk to you.

I agree wholeheartedly!!!!! I felt bad about writing the original post, but I thought something must be wrong with the system lately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug O
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tineren wrote:
deehizzle wrote:

I'd expect it to get fixed in the next hour or two now once they are open. For example a Distant Plain cited above was a proper deal a month ago, and wasn't actually supposed to be the deal last week. The page changed to point to the actual game on sale around noon. So it looks like they are having problems with the script that changes the daily update page at midnight.

Once they fix, I hope World's Fair 1893 is still the Daily Deal today, unlike your ADP example. I have been waiting to pull the trigger on a WF1893 purchase. Unless, I missed a recent WF1893 daily deal from MM and that is why it populated the DD page (similar to your ADP example).

I guess I'll have to cross my fingers and wait for MM to fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
OgieGamer wrote:
Tineren wrote:
deehizzle wrote:

Once they fix, I hope World's Fair 1893 is still the Daily Deal today, unlike your ADP example. I have been waiting to pull the trigger on a WF1893 purchase. Unless, I missed a recent WF1893 daily deal from MM and that is why it populated the DD page (similar to your ADP example).

I guess I'll have to cross my fingers and wait for MM to fix.

I don't remember WF1893 being the DD recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Weber
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw there is a $15 copy in the geek market.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/product/1006383

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: [MM] World's Fair 1893 -- $25.60 ... Current Daily Deal that isn't a Great Deal [MM explanation provided]
Jeff Weber wrote:
I saw there is a $15 copy in the geek market.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/product/1006383

Shipping kills the deal! Ha, I said it!

\o/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: [MM] World's Fair 1893 -- $25.60 ... Current Daily Deal that isn't a Great Deal [MM explanation provided]
Down to $20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B G
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Ain't no thing like me, except me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried to order but got an "Error 503: Service Unavailable" splash page, stating that MM is temporarily down in preparation of an upcoming sale.

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
bnb182 wrote:
Tried to order but got an "Error 503: Service Unavailable" splash page, stating that MM is temporarily down in preparation of an upcoming sale.

whistle

It doesn't say upcoming sale on my end (so they probably changed that in between your post and mine).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
And now it's back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B G
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Ain't no thing like me, except me!
mbmbmbmbmb
At first, I was like

But now, I'm all like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
OgieGamer wrote:

You should probably update the title of the thread too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug O
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
leo_rockway wrote:
OgieGamer wrote:

You should probably update the title of the thread too.

Corrected... Thanks for the reminder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Carroll
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man... this is the game I decided to use the labor day $5 off on... heh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.