Antike Duellum» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Opening with ferrum rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was wondering if going heavy on iron early can be a viable strategy. At first sight, it looks like a mid-/late-game strategy.

Yesterday, I tried going for ferrum early and I soon realized I had to switch to aurum if I wanted it to work. I gathered a lot of ferrum in the meantime and when the time came to fight, I had some.

I ended up with a heavy gold production (+ commercium) and just my 3 inital ferrum cities.

I won the game, but I feel it was because:
- my opponent made quite obvious mistakes
- it was a long time after I developed Commercium that he did as well

So I am still not sure if early ferrum-aurum and ferrum-marmor are viable strategies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a ton of experience with this game, but my impression is that it would be hard to do a ferrum opening and win with it. I assume that focusing on ferrum would allow you to do more attacks, but the positions of the two sides are so far apart that it takes a number of regular move actions (or the investment of gold into the two appropriate knowhows) in order to get into position for a single attack -- and then your forces are gone and need to be militiaed again and then moved back into position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.