8 Posts

Unfair» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone has a sleeping pill that works until December? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kasper Backe
Denmark
flag msg tools
I just backed this on kickstarter and can't wait for the game.. So I just wanted to ask if anyone has anything that can help me sleep until december, so time will pass faster?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oceanemotion wrote:
I just backed this on kickstarter and can't wait for the game.. So I just wanted to ask if anyone has anything that can help me sleep until december, so time will pass faster?

I don't think Bill Cosby has a BGG account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Backe
Denmark
flag msg tools
okami31 wrote:
oceanemotion wrote:

I don't think Bill Cosby has a BGG account.

hahaha, oh BGG forums always manages to give me a smile on my face
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Freeport
Illinois
flag msg tools
Ghost
badge
Papa Emeritus III
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wait until its pushed back until July or something..You might need more than 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Just play it on Tabletop Simulator.

I've been messing around with it for a bit and I've noticed a few weird balance issues. Seriously, some super attractions are so SO much better than others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
I've been messing around with it for a bit and I've noticed a few weird balance issues. Seriously, some super attractions are so SO much better than others.

I'd be glad to have your thoughts and feedback on the super attraction powers. Which ones are your favourites? Which ones do you find overpowered?

In our playtesting, which has been ongoing for some years, we've found them to be reasonably well balanced, and if there is too much advantage being taken for some reason, it usually provokes a strong response from other players to correct it.

Some of the apparently weaker super attractions thus have a benefit that because their powers don't appear to be outrageously beneficial, they don't attract adverse attention
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
joelfinch wrote:

Some of the apparently weaker super attractions thus have a benefit that because their powers don't appear to be outrageously beneficial, they don't attract adverse attention

So then the cards are purposefully imbalanced to encourage ganging up? Player enforced balance.

I've only played six times, so my knowledge of the card names isn't good, but I do remember what they do:

The Showcase card that lets you go through the deck to hire people seems good and it can be pretty strong since you can force some combinations; however, when played against that damn robot attraction that lets you build a free upgrade it seems very weak. Now, I can go through the deck and find the creepy guy who destroys upgrades, but that means I'm spending money and focusing my time on one person instead of trying to win, which is fine in a two player game, but at 3 and 4 it's a sure way to lose. Building stuff for free, in a game that leaves a lot of players cash-starved, is extremely potent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards aren't unbalanced - asymmetrical is more accurate, they are all powerful in different ways. Sometimes a part of their value is that their power doesn't appear threatening, and doesn't attract negative attention.

Something like the Shadow Dragon, which looks very powerful (destroy any upgrade) results in people either closing it to prevent the effect, or blocking it with Security Guards - which means that as the owner, sometimes you get no benefit from its power at all that round.

Compare to Temple of the Sun (gain random coins) - doesn't hurt anybody, and consequently can't be blocked, and rarely gets closed. As the owner, you have a much higher chance of getting benefit from it every round.

The Robopocalypse has a powerful effect, but it also builds the ride into something that looks increasingly like a points-leader, and gets closed for its trouble. It doesn't offer any choice about where to put the upgrades it builds either, and in some cases, when the park deck is low, it will result in no benefit at all.

I personally would rather have the Jungle Queen, because although it doesn't find the card for me, I can build it anywhere I like, helping to match blueprints for less-visible points.

The Ninja Trick House looks like a low-power card on the face of it - takes a whole action just to move upgrades around - but it can let you complete multiple overlapping blueprints easily, recover from blueprint failures due to attacks, and several other beneficial strategies.

If you're finding that your games are cash-starved and free builds are the most beneficial thing, then Vlad's Impaler is the best antidote - selecting any staff you like to build cash combos, or the Executive Assistant for an entire extra turn each round, to let you draw more events to get ahead.

Tall attractions are one scoring possibility, but honestly I've found that overlapping blueprints are an equally effective way to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.