11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: Opinions on Quadropolis? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Hadjivassiliou
msg tools
Hi all,
I'm writing a couple of articles for Zatu Games, an online board game retailer, about Quadropolis and wanted to do a kind of 'what gamers are saying' one. If anyone is up for having their opinion on the game posted in that article, let me know what you think of it here! It'd be much appreciated. If you want to just generally discuss it but not to be quoted, feel free. Just let me know so I don't include ya.
Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Møller
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndreasZatuGames wrote:
Hi all,
I'm writing a couple of articles for Zatu Games, an online board game retailer, about Quadropolis and wanted to do a kind of 'what gamers are saying' one. If anyone is up for having their opinion on the game posted in that article, let me know what you think of it here! It'd be much appreciated. If you want to just generally discuss it but not to be quoted, feel free. Just let me know so I don't include ya.
Cheers!

I actually really enjoy it. I'll do a review of it soon over at Tabletop Together (http://tabletoptogether.com/) soon. But I'll gladly give you my overall thought on it now.

Quadropolis feels both very innovative and comfortable at the same time. As with all Days of Wonder games it is very well produced. The two different play modes is a great idea. The "easy" mode is a great way to introduce new people to game, and the "advanced" side has just a little more "punch" too it. I highly recommend it to anyone.

I hope that's useful in some way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to try the forums on the Quadropolis page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's like Targi but less fun.*

(* -- It does support more players, though ...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hadjivassiliou
msg tools
Much appreciated! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
It shares one or two mechanics from Targi,but thankfully it's not the mediocre humdrum that is Targi.

Go ahead and buy and enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.Daddy.Slim
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just played this for the first time this past weekend at WashingCon. My wife, and the friends I was with all enjoyed it. Its a fun and interesting game.

As other's have said, I found that the mechanics are similar to Targi. I think also plays like Dice City, without the "army" attack cards.

Its a worker placement game. However the standard worker placement, with the standard worker placement game, you're only limited by another beating you to the spot you want to select. Quadropolis worker placement has a twist, in that the selection process for placing your worker is based on the intersection of a row/column and a point on that row/column. You select the line by placing your worker, but the point is determined by an attribute assigned to the worker. So, you are not only limited on the number of workers, but also by the worker attribute. It requires another level of advanced planning over the standard worker placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Meister
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found that Quadropolis has a bit more meat to it than one may initially realize. The cutesy graphics are family friendly, but the game itself has a decent bit of complexity, and planning ahead is necessary. These traits coupled with the random setup allows a good bit of replayability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The best part of this game is that even if you are a new gamer not knowing what you are doing you at least get to build a cool city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Check out Clockwork Wars. It's a pretty darn good dudes on a hex map Euro'ish steampunk game. Quick and fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just as boring as Targi, but has the advantage/disadvantage of being able to bore more players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.