3 Posts

Edo» Forums » General

Subject: Availability of resources and money rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BoardGame Chronicles
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Played my first game today. 2-player game. Used only one forest, one quarry and one field. It still felt not so very tight. All the resources and money was always available in a turn or two. You could do pretty much what you wanted to do - but only the speed matters. And this turns this into a race game of who gets to 12 pts first. Not sure if I've missed any key rule? You think I'm playing it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn B
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edo is not a game about scarcity, but about speed and efficiency. Yes, all the resources are available to all players each turn; but if you go a forest (or other resource-generating spot) when there is another Samurai there, you don't get the full output.

If you feel that the game was "too loose" it is likely that both players are slow-playing the game, unsure about how to maximize their turns. With good efficiency, a player should build a structure 7 or 8 turns out of 10. If at least one player is playing with that kind of efficiency, their opponent will feel a lot of pressure to maximize their actions to keep up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps add the samurai module from the expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.