Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Hsu

New York City
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just acquired this game in a trade.

Question regarding the Praetor Maximus: the rules say the card is passed to the right, and that play normally proceeds clockwise.

Does this mean the Praetor Maximus card is always passed to the previous player, since clockwise means "to the left"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
XIPULOXX FHTAGN!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The card is passed to the right, so it will go round the table anticlockwise. Normal play passes to the left, i.e. clockwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We're talking about "Præfectus Magnus", right? Or is Praetor Maximus something from some expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
XIPULOXX FHTAGN!
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
We're talking about "Præfectus Magnus", right? Or is Praetor Maximus something from some expansion?

I actually hadn't noticed that the OP got the name wrong, I just immediately knew (well, assumed) what he meant...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meepleraptor wrote:

Question regarding the Praetor Maximus: the rules say the card is passed to the right, and that play normally proceeds clockwise.

Does this mean the Præfectus Magnus card is always passed to the previous player, since clockwise means "to the left"?

Thanks for posting this because it let me know that I have been playing the Praetor Maximus incorrectly. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
ol_bubba wrote:
meepleraptor wrote:

Does this mean the Præfectus Magnus card is always passed to the previous player, since clockwise means "to the left"?

Thanks for posting this because it let me know that I have been playing the Praetor Maximus incorrectly. shake

that really changes things!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Left, right, who cares? I just pass it in the direction that the arrow on the PM card points. That seemed the most obvious thing to do really. That and the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.