Subject: Reinforcements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Following historical deployment, should SW cavalry and also the 2 von Ruchel units come down rhe road from 1001 as well?

2. Do reinforcements entering through a road (eg from 1001) benefit from road movement bonus (thus can move +1)?

2a. Same question if they have to spend +1 movement point if they are lined up behind another reinforcement unit.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
coralsaw wrote:
Following historical deployment, should SW cavalry and also the 2 von Ruchel units come down rhe road from 1001 as well?

Reinforcements do not enter in a specific hex, they come in via one of the applicable Entry Areas. In this game, all Prussian reinforcements except for Wurttemburg enter via Area X (up by the LOC in hex 0101). Wurttemberg enters via Area Z (usually along the road in hex 2002).

coralsaw wrote:
Do reinforcements entering through a road (eg from 1001) benefit from road movement bonus (thus can move +1)?

Yes, per rule [11.1] "Units entering along a Road can benefit from the Road movement bonus."

coralsaw wrote:
...do they have to spend +1 movement point if they are lined up behind another reinforcement unit.

Yes, per rule [11.2] "When you have move than one reinforcement unit appearing at the same hex during the same Movement Phase, line them all up off map, one behind the other, with the 'lead' unit poised next to the map entry hex itself. To simulate a 'march order' column of troops, each such unit spends one more Movement Point than its predecessor did to enter the map on the same turn."

Does that answer your question?

Lance McMillan
Developer for VPG's "Napoleonic 20" series
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply Lance.

In regards to the 1st question, I am a bit confused. The Prussians seem to have only one entry area, west side 0401-1201. Also, I dont see any Wurttemberg counters. Could you elaborate please? Note that I was interested in the suggested historical deployment (through hex 1001).

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yani, which verison of Jena20 are you playing with? There are three: the original VPG "1st edition" (that came in a ziplock bag), the version that GMT released in their C3i magazine, or the more recent VPG "2nd edition" (which was paired with Eylau20 as half of the Prussia20 boxed set)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lancer4321 wrote:
Yani, which verison of Jena20 are you playing with? There are three: the original VPG "1st edition" (that came in a ziplock bag), the version that GMT released in their C3i magazine, or the more recent VPG "2nd edition" (which was paired with Eylau20 as half of the Prussia20 boxed set)?

Apologies, I should have specified. I am playing the C3i version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RvdH
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lancer4321 wrote:
the original VPG "1st edition" (that came in a ziplock bag), the version that GMT released in their C3i magazine

Is there any difference between these two older versions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
coralsaw wrote:
I am playing the C3i version.

Okay, that helps alieviate some of my confusion. The earlier (1st Edition & C3i) versions of the game are radically different from the later Prussia20 version.

The 1stEd/C3i versions of the game do not have Wurttemburg's reserve (it's an event-driven reinforcement in the Prussia20 version), so you can safely ignore my reference to it. Also, the hex numbering system is different between the 1stEd/C3i and Prussia20 versions of the game, which accounts for the confusion regarding entry areas.

RydH83 wrote:
Is there any difference between these two older versions?

Yes, but they're very minor (and unintentional) ones; a few errors that crept in when GMT "translated" the game to their format. I no longer own the C3i version, so I'm afraid I can't specifically enumerate what the differences are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.