$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there has been no official information regarding future expansions (that is, expansions after Deadpool). However, last year someone came across some news about the Captain America expansion on a distributor's website months before its release. I was wondering whether anyone with more resources than me has found out anything about 2017 releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I thought there was a legendary : The Crow in the winds
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What other 90s/00s nostalgia IP is out there that Brenner loves that they could use?

I vote for official versions of some of the fan made custom expansions on here...

Legendary: Ghostbusters
Legendary: Transformers
Legendary: GI Joe
Legendary: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bayes
United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmb
i think (hope) they make civil war 2 (not the second civil war, instead more stuff for the first one)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Almost all of us were stunned to not have the Anti-Registration team as bad guys and pro registration side as Heroes, too. Apparently the comics are definitely told through the eyes of the anti-registration side, so if they had to choose one side to cover it was the right one, but what they did shot a hole in the whole concept. I suspect that the team originally wanted to do both treatments for both sides but ran out of time, space or were dissatisfied with the work on the "missing" side. That would explain why the sales blurb is so misleading.

At the very least, Captain America is available as a Mastermind and his key allies are there as his Villain team. I assume someone has made or plans to make the Pro-registration side as Hero cards.

One thing I wondered that has never been explained to me: how is it that Iron Man was pro-registration while Captain America was against it? I can see Steve defending the right to privacy but can't see Tony Stark as against it. Tony strikes me as far more concerned with privacy. He'd certainly have more skeletons in his closet and presumably far more to fear from those secrets coming out.

Edit: Found a typo. I wrote "I could see Steve dePending the right to privacy" instead of "deFending the right". Ooops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
??? ???
msg tools
This is an easy question to answer. Tony Stark can be pretty authoritarian at times when safety is concerned. It is not that he disregards privacy, it is that he feels that security is more important. That is really the theme of the entire conflict. Security versus privacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wishlists are nice, but I was hoping for something like this - https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1450113/new-expansion-legen...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Waits
United States
Elizabethtown
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsallak wrote:
One thing I wondered that has never been explained to me: how is it that Iron Man was pro-registration while Captain America was against it? I can see Steve depending the right to privacy but can't see Tony Stark as against it. Tony strikes me as far more concerned with privacy. He'd certainly have more skeletons in his closet and presumably far more to fear from those secrets coming out.

When the Registration Act is first brought up, Tony is against it. The "Stamford Incident" is what changes his mind. Basically a group of novice superheroes ambush a group of villains out of their league; one of them goes nuclear and blows up the whole neighborhood, including an elementary school. Tony's viewpoint after this is that heroes need to be properly trained and be held accountable for the collateral damage they cause.

Obviously Registering with the government isn't popular with a lot of heroes, and Cap officially takes a stand against it when he is being commanded to apprehend other heroes. His viewpoint is that these people are risking their lives for the safety of others, and they deserve anonymity to protect themselves and their families, certainly not to be imprisoned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mb
Next expansion is a small box set, Marvel Legendary Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E. Captain ☠☠☠☠ told me so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Poitier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well we already got Elsa, we need the rest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
That's an excellent summary, Chris, and takes into account Tony's obvious desire for privacy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.