Retreat to Darkmoor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Just got the game, now I have a couple questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus Cole
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I just got this game from the Kickstarter campaign! We got to try it out this weekend, playing a couple games with 3 players.

We had 2 situations come up that I had questions about (sorry I don't remember the cards names):

1. There is a card that says the adjacent cards cannot be moved by other card abilities. Would this negate the Skeleton that says you can play it at the front of the line?

2. There is a Hero that says they defeat the minion that has the highest VP instead of the minion at the back. What if 2 or more minions are tied for the highest? Does the active player get to choose, or would the Hero defeat the minion closest to the rear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
archmagemc wrote:
I just got this game from the Kickstarter campaign! We got to try it out this weekend, playing a couple games with 3 players.

We had 2 situations come up that I had questions about (sorry I don't remember the cards names):

1. There is a card that says the adjacent cards cannot be moved by other card abilities. Would this negate the Skeleton that says you can play it at the front of the line?

2. There is a Hero that says they defeat the minion that has the highest VP instead of the minion at the back. What if 2 or more minions are tied for the highest? Does the active player get to choose, or would the Hero defeat the minion closest to the rear?

1.) The skeleton is placed, so shifting the line doesn't count as "moving." A card that says "move" would however negate this.

2.) It would kill ALL highest VP minions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Cole
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Thank you for the quick response!

It sounds like we played the Skeleton correctly (we still put him in the front), but we didn't play the other one correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
archmagemc wrote:
Thank you for the quick response!

It sounds like we played the Skeleton correctly (we still put him in the front), but we didn't play the other one correctly.

NP! Glad to oblige!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Travis,

The rules clearly state that the hero defeats "the closest valid minion" in a horde. My interpretation was that if two minions are tied, the closest one to the hero is therefore chosen.

I'm obviously not going to argue with your ruling, but I am having a hard time getting that from the rules as written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
The card in question says "minion(s)." The paramthetical s is meant to imply that when there is a tie all tied minions are affected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Heckmann
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Action Phase wrote:

We encountered that situation last night. The hero killed two minions, both belonging to players who weren't the active player at that moment. In such a situation, does the active player get 2 VPs for each defeated minion (i.E. four VPs when two minions are killed) or just 2 VPs for the act of defeating at least one opposing minion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harblnger wrote:
Action Phase wrote:

We encountered that situation last night. The hero killed two minions, both belonging to players who weren't the active player at that moment. In such a situation, does the active player get 2 VPs for each defeated minion (i.E. four VPs when two minions are killed) or just 2 VPs for the act of defeating at least one opposing minion?

We play 2 VPs for each opposing minion defeated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.