Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone

I have a card/board game in development and wanted to ask for any alternatives to crowd-funding to raise funds.

I'm in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you're planning to found your own game company, it sounds like what you're doing is looking for a publisher, rather than finding investors. There are plenty of small game companies out there who are always on the lookout for designers with new ideas. Just send them a synopsis of your game idea and an estimated component count and they'll let you know if your concept fits their needs.

Victory Point Games has a pretty good rubric posted on their website of how to go about submitting your game design for consideration (even if they're not a company you want to work with, the rubric is a good guideline for crafting your submission to other companies).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic answers, both of you!
Sadly I don't have a rich Uncle, but I'll look at Victory Point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hampus Ram
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Listen to Ludology Podcast episode 117 for information about what publishers are looking for when submitting games for consideration.

One thing many publishers seem to say is (on that podcast and elsewhere): Do not submit games that do not fit the company's current profile. Thus you need to survey the market and understand which niche your game fits into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.