$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 49.94

3,729 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23.5% of Goal | 30 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Project: ELITE» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spawning duplicate alie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cameron johnson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I feel like I read the rulebook a few times but couldnt find an answer for this

When spawning aliens, if an alien of that type is already in play does the new card get discarded after spawning and moving? Or does it go into play as well?

If the duplicate alien cards do stay in play, are those alien types getting their abilities multiple times? Example. There are 6 biters on the board, they were spawned from 2 cards. Do they all get to bite twice?


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Fields of Green. Now on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
gonzoisblue wrote:
I feel like I read the rulebook a few times but couldnt find an answer for this

When spawning aliens, if an alien of that type is already in play does the new card get discarded after spawning and moving? Or does it go into play as well?

If the duplicate alien cards do stay in play, are those alien types getting their abilities multiple times? Example. There are 6 biters on the board, they were spawned from 2 cards. Do they all get to bite twice?




Each Biter will bite only once.

Here is a breakdown of how this should be done:

1) Alien card A is revealed
2) Alien #1 is placed on the Game Board
3) Alien #2 is placed on the Game Board
4) Alien #3 is placed on the Game Board
5) Aliens #1, #2 and #3 bite any Characters within Range 1
6) Alien card B is revealed
7) Alien #4 is placed on the Game Board
8) Alien #5 is placed on the Game Board
9) Alien #6 is placed on the Game Board
10) Aliens #4, #5 and #6 bite any Characters within Range 1

Thank
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Boyd
United Kingdom
Newtownards
County Down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:

Each Biter will bite only once.

Here is a breakdown of how this should be done:

1) Alien card A is revealed
2) Alien #1 is placed on the Game Board
3) Alien #2 is placed on the Game Board
4) Alien #3 is placed on the Game Board
5) Aliens #1, #2 and #3 bite any Characters within Range 1
6) Alien card B is revealed
7) Alien #4 is placed on the Game Board
8) Alien #5 is placed on the Game Board
9) Alien #6 is placed on the Game Board
10) Aliens #4, #5 and #6 bite any Characters within Range 1

Thank


Konstantinos, what do you do with the alien cards once you've revealed them? Do they stay out or do you discard them immediately?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotiris Tsantilas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you have deployed all aliens written on the card, you can keep one card as a reference of the way they move and their ability and discard the others, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SPECIAL ALIENS AND BOSSES. If a special or a boss have reveiled, you have to place on top of the card a number of wound tokens (blood) equal to the number of lives that this alien has. When this boss or special is killed, you can discard his card.

Thanks
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Boyd
United Kingdom
Newtownards
County Down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sot07 wrote:
Once you have deployed all aliens written on the card, you can keep one card as a reference of the way they move and their ability and discard the others, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SPECIAL ALIENS AND BOSSES. If a special or a boss have reveiled, you have to place on top of the card a number of wound tokens (blood) equal to the number of lives that this alien has. When this boss or special is killed, you can discard his card.

Thanks


Thanks Sotiris.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.