Hide
10 Posts

Star Wars: Armada» Forums » General

Subject: Ships to duplicate? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sandy Brophy
msg tools
So I've collected one of each Imperial ship and almost each Rebel ship (including the extra copies of the start set ships). Which ones would I benefit from getting extras of? I'm thinking most small base ships? And what is the maximum I should bother with for each unless I want to make a very specialized fleet? Maybe three for small base ships, 2 for medium and large?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Durand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It depends on the way you want to play.
For example, I play once or twice a week, I can play it often, it's very cool, so I need lots of ships and squadrons.

Small ships : x2 or x3 of each
Medium ships : x3 of each (except Interdictor, I'll get only one).
Large ships : x2 of each.

Very expensive way to play, but this will offer you numerous possibilities.
First of all, test the game! See what you prefer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cat Five
United States
Monterey
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My goal is to have 3x for each Small Hull Ship, 2x for each Medium, and 1x for each Large.

That being said, that's a huge chunk of change all at once, so I would recommend having multiples of Wave I and II ships (especially Small and Medium hulls), as these guys form the base of each faction, and the subsequent waves seem to round out the deficiencies present for the Rebs and Imps and allow for more asymmetric builds divergent strategies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Taylor
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd prioritize a few ships once you start duplicating:

MC30 Torpedo Frigate: comes with some very good upgrade cards, can be run in multiples well.

CR90 Corellian Corvette: I'd recommend buying up to a total of 4. These little guys can be very useful and are quite spammable with a few different commanders (my own preference being 4 of the CR90Bs with SW7 Ion Cannonns with Rieekan, oof).

Raider: 2 should be sufficient, but you can argue for up to 4 of them at once. A ship with a higher learning curve but quite handy for all that.

Flotillas: I'd aim for at least 2, potentially 3 of each. Very spammable little ships, help a lot with squadron commands.

Assault Frigates: works well in pairs to cover one another. Some good upgrade cards there as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Scipio
Germany
flag msg tools
I really think that the Neb-B is useful enough to get it 3-4 times.

My personal aim is:

2x Assault Frigate Mark II Expansion Pack
4x CR90 Corellian Corvette Expansion Pack (altough 1/7000 from shapeways)
2x Gladiator-class Star Destroyer Expansion Pack
3x Imperial Fighter Squadrons Expansion Pack (tiny swarms from shapeways)
4x Nebulon-B Frigate Expansion Pack
2x Rebel Fighter Squadrons Expansion Pack(tiny swarms from shapeways)
1x Victory-class Star Destroyer Expansion Pack

Wave 2

1x Home One Expansion Pack
1x Imperial-class Star Destroyer Expansion Pack
2x Imperial Raider Expansion Pack
2x MC30c Frigate Expansion Pack
1x Rogues and Villains Expansion Pack (tiny again)

Wave 3

3x Imperial Assault Carriers Expansion Pack
3x Rebel Transports Expansion Pack

Wave 4
1x Interdictor Expansion Pack
1x Liberty Expansion Pack

Wave 5
1x Imperial Fighter Squadrons II Expansion Pack (tiny)
2x Imperial Light Cruiser Expansion Pack
0-1x Phoenix Home Expansion Pack
1x Rebel Fighter Squadrons II Expansion Pack (tiny)

Campaign Expansion

The Corellian Conflict - Campaign Expansion

If FFG doesnt do them: some Xg-1 Assualt Gunboats and TIE-Avangers, Strike Cruisers, Carracks, Lancers, Mc40s, Dreadnoughts...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say two of each release (but if you get 2x core, you don't need 2x dice and maneuver templates) is a good long term goal outside specialized fleets. And if you do get two core, at most you want one of each ship expansion that comes in the core, for the upgrades/extra small Rebel ships. A third VSD might be a bit excessive.

I'd probably stick to a single MC80 Home One, and a single Interdictor, because they seem to be role players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started out buying only one of each ship expansion and two of the fighter expansions. Works great. Give variety and replay-ability though it may not always the the most competitive. I not getting Wave 5 and all and still debating on Wave 4 though the GR-75 are in the movies...

I may end up getting and extra Gladiator and Assault Frigate for a total of two each since so many build on the net have two of either.

Otherwise I have enough for fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Brophy
msg tools
Thanks for the tips, everyone. Yeah, for sure expensive. Not getting a bunch more at once unless there is a ridiculous sale again. Thanks for confirming most of what I expected. I mostly want to know which ships would't necessarily be particularly useful solo. Sounds like flotillas for sure, then three each for flotillas and small base Rebel ships and and 2 each for small base Imperial ships. From there I'll see which builds I'm interested in trying and maybe do more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love putting a Repair Crew Gozanti in a fleet to trail my ISD. They can work solo for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeykins wrote:
I love putting a Repair Crew Gozanti in a fleet to trail my ISD. They can work solo for sure.

I did a double Victory double gozanti w/ repair crews and crushed stuff really bad. It was excellent (and the flotillas survive better than anticipated).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.