Subject: Am I missing an easier way to constantly track buffs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Zeman
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
Especially with the Robot faction. It feels tedious having to always adjust the total minion power on a base because of certain Robot cards. The biggest example is the Microbot Alpha. Are you just stuck constantly upping the power everytime you play an additional minion (remember that ALL of your minions count as microbots with him on the board)?

The whole game seems fairly smooth except for fiddly aspects like this. Am I missing something obvious to help me keep track of individual minion power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Hellertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/91736/smash-base-mats

Check these out. Just print out and play your base cards on top of these. They keep track of total power on a base. For individual powers I guess you could use the counters that come with the game for VP and use them to keep track of bonuses if you wanted to (put a 1 counter on top of a minion with +1)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Zeman
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
Iridium192 wrote:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/91736/smash-base-mats

Check these out. Just print out and play your base cards on top of these. They keep track of total power on a base. For individual powers I guess you could use the counters that come with the game for VP and use them to keep track of bonuses if you wanted to (put a 1 counter on top of a minion with +1)

I actually have those mats printed out and laminated already. It's nice. I hadn't thought of using the VP counters, though. I'll give it a try next time. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just be careful not to confuse those with "+1 power counters" which are an actual mechanical thing for some factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use colored dice for each player, something easy to sum like d6s.
If a single minion's power is really relevant I put dice on it representing it's power total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Zeman
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
desocupado wrote:
If a single minion's power is really relevant I put dice on it representing it's power total.

Ah, that's a good idea. That'll make it so much easier. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bangerter
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use the VP tokens. Green (cthulhu) are actual power counters. Purple (pretty pretty) are negative. Works really well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use green and red acrylic cubes from the bgg store for power counting, and then tokens when it mentions an actual power counter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Gardner
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I have used stackable pawns and mini-poker chips.
You can find them in a wide variety of colors so you can assign whatever meaning you want to each color.

Rolco Games sells both.
Koplow's minipoker chips stack more easily.

Also, for Armored Stego, I use 2 different color pawns to track total power on the base mat's power track - one for power on the dinosaur player's turn and one off of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anonymous Person
United States
California
flag msg tools
MagCynic wrote:
desocupado wrote:

Ah, that's a good idea. That'll make it so much easier. Thanks.

I use the green VP tokens form the cthulhu set as +1 counters, or as a way to track a minion's power increase from non-counters.

If I need both I'll use the pink counters from pretty pretty smashup too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.