Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Pulis
United States
Greenfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So this question has just come up for me. I am Debating what to have my orphan grow up into. I got the Mission "Become the best" which gives a 3+ ranged attack on Completion. I am Wavering between 3 different classes ( I will be gaining one of their starting abilities Via my orphan skills)

MY Conundrum is that I have the Scafford Bandanna, and I would like to stay an outlaw. The Scafford Bandana Grants outlaw to the wearer. What would Happen if I gained Law (through growing up to Marshal) Could I take off the Bandana and gain the Benefit of law, and put it back on to over ride law?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally if you become Law, it overrides Outlaw and you would lose all items pertaining to Outlaw, therefore you would lose the Bandana. You could, in the future, gain another bandana to once again become Outlaw.

I think there are other ways within Hexcrawl that allow you to become Outlaw as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
darthjawa13 wrote:
I am Debating what to have my orphan grow up into.

I was going suggest Cowboy, but then I recalled Wayolon Jennings and Willie Nelson were very keen on this point.

https://youtu.be/nlIEoKg8ZQg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Tibbitts
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
robwrigley wrote:
darthjawa13 wrote:

I was going suggest Cowboy, but then I recalled Wayolon Jennings and Willie Nelson were very keen on this point.

This just made my day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Laman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
robwrigley wrote:
darthjawa13 wrote:

Me too... Classic. Hat's off to you !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Eh, if they're an orphan, Mama doesn't get much of a say anymore... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You don't lose Items just for picking up Keywords that clash with them. You simply can't equip those Items without overwriting the clashing Keywords.

If you're a Marshal that has the Scafford Bandana equipped, you're in Outlaw mode. If you take it off, you're back to Law. You're basically Daredevil; during the day you fight crime within the confines of the system but at night, you put on your vigilante costume and dole out outlaw-justice!

- Jee

EDIT: "No Law Heroes" You would have to find someone to become WANTED I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Thomas
msg tools
As cool as that would be, the Scafford Bandanna says 'no law heroes.' So it cannot be equipped if you have keyword law.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Garen LiLorien wrote:
As cool as that would be, the Scafford Bandanna says 'no law heroes.' So it cannot be equipped if you have keyword law.

And that's probably a good thing. Being able to choose when to be law, and when to be outlaw would likely result in being able to get the benefits of both without most of the drawbacks of either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.