Hostage Negotiator» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pivotal event : I am not buying it rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JC
France
flag msg tools
Hi folks,

Great great game, I like it (love it) so much I have already ordered two abductor packs (I am sure I am gonna buy them all).

The rules are clear, I like when a game is playable right out of the box.
I just have one question (probably a silly question) about a pivotal event card : "I am not buying it".

So it says : place you HIGHEST cost conversation card back in the available area.
If you only have 0 cost card what happen? And if for example, you have some 0 cards and two 1 cost card. Do you put back your cost 1 cards (both) or just one of this card in the available area?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Sorensen
United Kingdom
Millom
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When the first case happened to me (only zero cost cards in hand) I put one in the available area and then immediately reacquired it (because you can purchase cards during the last conversation).

Had I two higher value cards of equal value, I'd discard the one I cared least about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
l3mst0r wrote:
When the first case happened to me (only zero cost cards in hand) I put one in the available area and then immediately reacquired it (because you can purchase cards during the last conversation).

Had I two higher value cards of equal value, I'd discard the one I cared least about.

Exactly my thoughts (and the way I would have played it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes if there is a tie for highest, you choose which.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
Thanks all of you for the quick reply!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here I was: anticipating a threat where a boardgamegeek loves a game but finally decides not to succumb to the temptation and refrains from buying the game.

That would have been a pivotal event!

I'm so disappointed now shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.