Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG.CON

Subject: Transferring ticket inquiry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wesley Ward
msg tools
I know there is an official buyer/seller wait list. However, what if someone has tickets that they want to sell at face value and are tired of waiting for the process of the wait list. Is there an official "you shall not sell the tickets on your own" ruling.

And also, if you bought the ticket for a friend you just have to go in and Change the name on the ticket before they are printed right?

I realize the ideal situation is to give everyone a fair shake with the waiting list priority and hat there is only one person handling the transfers via the thread, but for an event that sold out So quick it shouldn't take so much time to transfer/sell tickets at face value.

Bottom line, are people free to sell their tickets at face value via other means

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Yes.

You are allowed to sell (at face value) or give the tickets to anyone you'd like.

You are officially encouraged to use the waiting list, but there is no enforcement of that. (Though doing sales in public is likely to be a mess.)

Do remember though that Belash is minimally compensated, if at all, and that he does have a life, so things may tae a few days. He does generally have buyers vetted and ready to go, though. At this point, your badges will definitely sell, if you give the process a bit of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it really taking so long? I'm surprised. The wait list is lengthy. Maybe Belash had a vacation in there? Maybe the buyer did? I'd still go through the proper channels and if things are taking too long, then say something POLITE to Belash. It's not like you're going to get stuck with those tickets. They WILL sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
Is it really taking so long? I'm surprised. The wait list is lengthy. Maybe Belash had a vacation in there? Maybe the buyer did? I'd still go through the proper channels and if things are taking too long, then say something POLITE to Belash. It's not like you're going to get stuck with those tickets. They WILL sell.

Dreadpiratewes isn't on the buyers or sellers list as far as I can tell.

I've taken up to a week to get a buyer to a seller, mostly due to home life. Generally I keep it to within 72 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.