Support:

Nathanael Allison
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Help me decide!

Not sure if this is the place for this, but I'm being offered a played once Cyclades and an opened but unplayed Cyclades: Titans for Blood Rage retail version in good condition with some box wear, and a very good condition Roll for the Galaxy. I do like Roll for the galaxy quite a bit and Blood Rage is a fun diversion, but a little underwhelming for my Euro gamer sensibilities. Would you say the value is close, and might I like Cyclades better than Blood Rage if I'm more of a euro gamer? I'm also struggling to let go of two game for what is essentially one game and an expansion. Thanks for any advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Williams
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure why, but somehow I was subscribed to this thread/forum. So while I'm here I guess I'll respond...

As far as cost($$) goes, it's a fairly even trade. If you we're to buy both of those pairs new from CSI, each would be within around $95-$100. Granted you might find Cyclades on sale slightly more often just because it's a tad older.

As for Value, that's too subjective for anyone to give you any more than their personal opinion. I own Cyclades (base only) and RollFtG but I've not played Blood Rage or the Titans expansion. Watch some videos on Cyclades game play if you can find some if you haven't played yet. Personally, I love RollFtG and I like that I can enjoy it at multiple player counts equally. That's an important factor in my household, but it may not be for you. I'm not sure how well BR scales to player counts, but that may also be a consideration if comparing it to Cyclades.

Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Allison
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply, I think ultimately I'll pass. Like you I appreciate Roll for the Galaxy for its flexibility in player count and its wide appeal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyclades is a bit more Euro than Blood Rage, I guess, with the auctions. Bu to me Blood Rage is AMAZING

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.