Subject: Questions about trogs in a 2-3 player game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 2 or 3 player game, can trog units be captured? When you control the trog units in battle against another player can you capture their units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eatem wrote:
In a 2 or 3 player game, can trog units be captured? When you control the trog units in battle against another player can you capture their units?

Yes you can capture a Trog unit in battle, you'll get points for them, during the Prisoners phase.

Yes you can capture another player's units while controlling the Trogs. Though those captured units go to the general supply, and they can be bought back for 2 VP during the Prisoners step, but no one gains points for them in the prisoners phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
eatem wrote:

Yes you can capture a Trog unit in battle, you'll get points for them, during the Prisoners phase.

Yes you can capture another player's units while controlling the Trogs. Though those captured units go to the general supply, and they can be bought back for 2 VP during the Prisoners step, but no one gains points for them in the prisoners phase.

Just a quibble: "general supply" sounds like something the player can access (though your explanation text addresses this).

Basically, the Units captured by the 2-3 player NPC trogs are set off the board by the trog pieces. They are not in a player's reserve. They can be bought back for 2 VP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
jmathias wrote:
eatem wrote:

Just a quibble: "general supply" sounds like something the player can access (though your explanation text addresses this).

Basically, the Units captured by the 2-3 player NPC trogs are set off the board by the trog pieces. They are not in a player's reserve. They can be bought back for 2 VP.

Fair point, the term General Supply is not used in this game. I was using it more as a general gaming term, to mean no player's reserve.

Actually, I should have just quoted the Rulebook

Rulebook, pg 13, Clarifications, bullet 5 wrote:
If Trogs capture a Prisoner in a two or three player game, the Unit is set aside and is not available for Recruitment. The player who owns the Unit must lose 2 VP to return it to their Reserve. However, no player Scores during the Prisoners phase for Prisoners held by the Trogs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a big deal. Just trying to be as air tight as possible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan McKinney
msg tools
mb
Adding to that, so far in a 2-player game this has not been relevant, but is there a way for an NPC Trog to regain its prisoners? It's not mentioned in the rulebook. I have been playing with no way for them to recover prisoners but I have my first 3p game later this week and I'm concerned it might come up as an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qklilx wrote:
Adding to that, so far in a 2-player game this has not been relevant, but is there a way for an NPC Trog to regain its prisoners? It's not mentioned in the rulebook. I have been playing with no way for them to recover prisoners but I have my first 3p game later this week and I'm concerned it might come up as an issue.

There is not any way for the Trogs to regain captured miniatures.

In fact when you resolve a Trog token and there are not any Trogs to place, the player that triggered the token loses one of their Miniatures in the token's region.

Rulebook pg 7 end of movement, point 2 wrote:
2. For each Region you Moved into with a Trog War Party/Nest token, reveal and resolve that token. If no Trog Units were placed in the Region as a direct result of the effect of the token (when there is no Trog Unit in the Reserve), you must immediately lose one Unit in that Region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
James is correct. Trog prisoners in 2-3 player are prisoners forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.