Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Levy
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb

Hi, So I have read the rules a few times but wanted to get clarification as I must be missing something.

1) The generation track. I get the use of the generation track in a solo game, but does it really offer anything in a multi-player game other than just tracking how many rounds you play? I think you could skip using the generation marker and it have no impact on game play???

2) Regarding special tiles. Do they score like city tiles? IE you put a cube on it and get on VP at end of game for each greenery tile adjacent?

3) The capital tile? Is that the white tile?

4) If you are able to raise the oxygen level to 8% besides the TR you get for raising the oxygen level, do you get the subsequent additional TR point for raising the heat (the bonus for reaching 8% oxygen). So you could increase your TR by 2 points just getting to 8% oxygen.

Thank you

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
fiftycentpoker wrote:

1) The generation track. I get the use of the generation track in a solo game, but does it really offer anything in a multi-player game other than just tracking how many rounds you play? I think you could skip using the generation marker and it have no impact on game play???

There is no use for it in the multiplayer game, other than to track how many rounds you've played. As such, I would assume it's optional if you do it or if not playing the solo game.

EDIT: As MDJD says below, it is used if playing with drafting rules and more than 2 players.

fiftycentpoker wrote:

2) Regarding special tiles. Do they score like city tiles? IE you put a cube on it and get on VP at end of game for each greenery tile adjacent?

You always place your cube on them (the only tiles without cubes on them at the end of the game are Ocean tiles). But they only score like a city at the end of the game if the special tile is actually a city.

fiftycentpoker wrote:

3) The capital tile? Is that the white tile?

Not sure about this one, because I'm still waiting for my pre-order dammit!

fiftycentpoker wrote:

4) If you are able to raise the oxygen level to 8% besides the TR you get for raising the oxygen level, do you get the subsequent additional TR point for raising the heat (the bonus for reaching 8% oxygen). So you could increase your TR by 2 points just getting to 8% oxygen.

Yes. You get a TR point every time you raise oxygen, temperature and/or place an ocean tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can, yes. It's only use in 2P+ is keeping track of which direction to pass cards if using drafting.

2. Nope. They do what their card says they do, which is in many cases nothing after being placed.

3. Yup

4. Correct. You get a bump in TR when raising a global parameter no matter how you do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
MDJD wrote:
1. You can, yes. It's only use in 2P+ is keeping track of which direction to pass cards if using drafting.

Nice, I hadn't considered the drafting part!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Vahlenkamp
Germany
Huerth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fiftycentpoker wrote:

Keep in mind, if you place a greenery tile and already have a special tile on the planets surface, you have to place the greenery next to it, as the placement rule for greenery is to be placed next to one of YOUR tiles, if you have one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IgrajemChef wrote:
fiftycentpoker wrote:

Keep in mind, if you place a greenery tile and already have a special tile on the planets surface, you have to place the greenery next to it, as the placement rule for greenery is to be placed next to one of YOUR tiles, if you have one.

Conversely, there is a way to use the special tiles as an advantage when placing greenery tiles. If you've started to place greenery tiles in one part of the map, but you want to start spreading out in another part of the map, playing a project that allows you to place a special tile somewhere else on the map provides another tile to start placing greenery adjacent to. The volcano and mining tiles are examples of this strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.