$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Francis Drake» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you look YOUR OWN mission discs anytime after you've placed them? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Money
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may come up when a player uses his informer. Is it okay for a player to look at any of his own mission discs to make sure he doesn't make a mistake? Some players may argue that you have to memorize where you put your discs in the first place so you are not allowed to do that.

I would argue this is preposterous as all players should have access to their own mission disc info at all times. Of course this does not mean I would change locations after placement (unless using the Informer ability).

cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ottevaere Wouter
Belgium
Vosselaar
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There you'll need a home rule.

In my plays, we're very severe: no one can look at his own placed discs... devil It's part of the game for us, to recall his own placements (it's just a few discs after all).

If you want to look at your discs, then agree before the start that everyone can do that at any time. No problem at all. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You can look at your own mission discs at any time.

Just be careful not to peek at anyone else's and to put them back in the right place. devil

Francis Drake is one of my favorite light to medium weight strategy games and the production quality makes it even more fun to break out on game night!

Enjoy!

NOTE: I was a major play tester for the game, have worked with Peter teaching the game and work for Eagle-Gryphon Games, the co production partner with Peter's Kayal games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Money
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thanks! This is such a fun game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hawes
United States
Prospect
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book doesn't say either way, but in all our play testing we always looked at our own discs if needed, especially if you own the Informer.

Looking at it logically these discs represent where you are planning to sail you boat, so you would know your intended destinations and so you should be allowed to check your own discs, which is really a game mechanic for displaying what is in your Captains mind.

If players are in a tournament they should rule on this before the start of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.