Hide
3 Posts

Warparty» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Angry Dragon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lindsay Roxburgh
msg tools
Nick was a first time player and Yeldon was a third time player.
Tim and I have played half a dozen games.
they were pretty excited to get here the turned up at 9:30 am.

We decided to play the quick play variant.

Nick was Dwarves, Tim Humans, Yeldon Goblins
and me Undead

Tim taxed me

I had income control with vampire and shade in middle

Tim was obviously setting up magic gates
I had 1 successful bones roll and just brought my wizard while my preist was about to summon the bone dragon.

Tim had siege weapons on both cities creating a perimeter
Yeldon had balista pot shotting on both fronts
and Nick had a warrior hero.

This is before any battles

I was incorrectly using
speed and teleport as starting spells for my wizard to cast speed on
dragon sitting there and teleport himself to enable a 4 movement dragon

So the wizard and dragon flew in to kill the force that the Humans had won a battle against the Goblins. With the Goblins and Undead merging It was going to be slaughter.
Humans failed to retreat and Fraculon leveled.

Meanwhile Humans are nearly getting gates and Tim has a big force coming down on the Undead.

Dwarves lost their warrior to ranged goblin balista

Undead still have the dragon
and I am now asking if good want to concede.

At this point we are all dead locked income wise to a certain degree.
Undead sacrifice a skeleton and a shade to force "bleed the land dry", the game only went into inflation because of that and it didn't get above it again.

Undead tried to run a dungeon thinking I could summon my warrior but I couldn't until placement.
decided to try, knowing I could retreat without having to roll for it
I forgot I would have to forfeit my next turn if I retreated,
I lost my wizard and had to retreat my priest.

Nick (Dwarves) finally starts advancing towards me (Undead)
as my biggest blunder ever leaves a free elf ready to be picked up by the good forces
from the dungeon

Carnissa is skipping her turn and Tim takes my city, and I forgot that aura of fear doesn't affect abandoned cities.

I make use of the distraction on the Goblin - Dwarven border with my dragon going to join this close imminent fight.

Good are bearing down on me so the dragon heads straight for the Dwarven city instead of a battle in the balance.

Yeldon loses this fight creating a level 3 dwarven priest.

The dragon lands in the Dwaven city to burn a soldier and a musketeer. Time runs out and we call it a draw as the level 3 priest can still get back before the city burns.

A great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Bogucki
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a great game.
Have you tried the full version (non-quick play?). I've always preferred that as it really lets you build out a strategy before all the battles start happening. There is a lot more build up, which I like, but I know some would rather get right into the action.
Glad you enjoyed the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lindsay Roxburgh
msg tools
My group and I feel we have barely scratched the surface of this deep, rich game. I love how every game tells a completely different story. As a fantasy fiction reader I get a lot of satisfaction from this game, as each play through is like a synopsis from a novel. Without time constraint we will definitely play the full play variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.