5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Defenders Of The Realm Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ayana Luna
United States
flag msg tools
Hey, i have DOTR and i like it a lot. I got the Dragon Expansion 1st Edition and the cards were larger than the base game. it was so annoying it felt almost unplayable. i returned the expansion and now im wondering if anyone has played the (2nd edition)Dragon Expansion. is it worth it? is the quality the same as the base game? do the cards match sizing?
aslo, do other expansions do this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the new larger Quest cards are better, have more variety and easier to read and manage. Is that the card sizes you are worried about?

The small Quest cards are obsolete now and not included in any expansions.

(I happily swapped for the larger cards when I found them on the store site)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ayana Luna
United States
flag msg tools
yes those and the darkness spreads and the hero cards. so i can swap my cards from the core set to the larger expansion size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luna115 wrote:
yes those and the darkness spreads and the hero cards. so i can swap my cards from the core set to the larger expansion size?

I swapped out once I realized the smaller sizes were the original printing and everything was being made the new size. It worked, and as I said, was more readable. Some of the new Quest cards are pretty fun even. I also sleeved everything because I want this game to last and yeah, if minor size problems in the future (which I don't have yet), I'm covered.

I also took the time to add six Darkness Rising-like cards to indicate if a positive or negative Global Event had been triggered. I find it easier to draw from the Global Events when needed than have to pick out and shuffle in the good/bad Events each game.

I've held off getting the Dragon Expansion only because 2nd edition was coming out...instead I got upgraded cards from the store in the meantime while I wait for my opportunity to get this coveted expansion after spending so much at the last convention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moderators, can you please relocate this thread to the Defenders of the Realm forum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.