Subject: territory control after battle with trogs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Grimnirfist
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SITUATION IN A 2-3 PLAYER GAME:
- a region with player A control token in it and Trogs nest token also.
- player B goes into the region and start battle with trogs from nest token.
- Trogs wins in the territory control panel of battle.

QUESTION:
- does player A remove his control token from territory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The outcome of the battle always results with
1) removing the current control token
2) placing new control token (if player won) or placing trog nest (or war party, don't remember) token (if trogs won and at least one trog survived the battle).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Grimnirfist
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thx, Sebastian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Sebastian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this means that Ianthe Humans are using skills to place control tokens on Trog infested regions, using them to defend them, if you just want to kick the Humans out you only need to send in a single troop and lose, you don't need to win control of the region, yourself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Grimnirfist
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...which is exactly the same method you can use when you want to make your opponent unable to use all his buildings in a region (even if he guards the region with an army of twelve - just send one soldier and make some battle ;-) The con of this is the opponent will gain 2 points for winning the battle* for territory and one another point for killing your troop. But still there are moments it's profitable for 1-troop agressor (i think it especially good way to block machine's regions full of buildings.

* the question is - if I've defended MY OWN region would I gain 2 points for taking control of it? For 99,9% the answer is YES, but why not to ask? So i'm asking ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
rokter wrote:
...which is exactly the same method you can use when you want to make your opponent unable to use all his buildings in a region (even if he guards the region with an army of twelve - just send one soldier and make some battle ;-) The con of this is the opponent will gain 2 points for winning the battle* for territory and one another point for killing your troop. But still there are moments it's profitable for 1-troop agressor (i think it especially good way to block machine's regions full of buildings.

* the question is - if I've defended MY OWN region would I gain 2 points for taking control of it? For 99,9% the answer is YES, but why not to ask? So i'm asking ;-)

Hey guys, he's asking (I'd like to be sure too actually!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad-Halfling wrote:
So this means that Ianthe Humans are using skills to place control tokens on Trog infested regions, using them to defend them, if you just want to kick the Humans out you only need to send in a single troop and lose, you don't need to win control of the region, yourself

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rokter wrote:

I think so, yes. Think of it more in terms of 2VP for a battle won (since first objective is the most important anyway), not territory protected. Technically, you're getting 2VP for winning the Gain Control objective, not for taking control of the region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you get 2 VP for winning territory control, whether you are the attacker or defender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Grimnirfist
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx again everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.