Hide
7 Posts

Kerala: Der Weg der Elefanten» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about Special tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yusuke Yusuke
msg tools
I have some questions about special tiles.

(Q1)About the Special tile:colored arch
Does the colored arch divide the color of foundation?

e.g.)I placed the Special tile(red arch on green).
Next turn,I placed a green tile at a position adjacent to the red arch.
In this case, are these tiles divided by the red arch?

a)Yes,they are 2 green areas.
b)No,they are 1 green area.

(Q2)About the Special tile:tile movement
Can I build over when using this special action?

a)Yes.
b)No.

Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only tell you how we play. Keep in mind that we learned the rules from nyfilmfest's English translation, as I imagine you did as well. I'm thankful for his translation. But I don't know if he translated everything from the original, German rules, or if he just produced a summary. The original rules may address these two questions specifically. I'm not sure. To be clear, I don't know the answer to either question with any certainty. But this is how we've chosen to answer those questions:

Q1) B - No, they are one green area. We score this special tile counting as it's main color. The designated second color only provides the opportunity for bonus points.

Q2) A - Yes.

Again, these are my best guesses, based on the translation that we have. However, I'm happy to be corrected by anyone with specific information from the publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what its worth, and with same caveats cited by Otscotty I would agree with and have play by this same understanding.
I would simply add that I wish that there were an official complete english illustrated rule book available. But "if wishes were horses beggars would ride"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yusuke Yusuke
msg tools
Thanks!! I'll play so too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Therrien
Canada
flag msg tools
I'd be inclined to say no to the second question. The tile (or stack of tiles) must be moved to a free spot so I don't believe you can use it to overbuild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankth wrote:
I'd be inclined to say no to the second question. The tile (or stack of tiles) must be moved to a free spot so I don't believe you can use it to overbuild.
Yeah, this is the one I'm the least confident about. I wouldn't be surprised if you're right. I'd love to hear from the publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yusuke Yusuke
msg tools
official answer
I got the official answers to several questions.
Questions and Answers are as below;

Q1- Does the colored arch divide main color?
A1- NO.

Q2- Which do I have to compare the arch's color with ,the adjacent tile's color or the adjacent edge(arch)'s color?(for 5 bonus points)
A2- You have to compare the arch's color with the adjacent tile's color.

Q3- Can I build over when I use this Special action(tile movement)?
A3- NO, you can not. You may only move a tile to another place but you may not built the moved tile on another tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.