$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
32.7% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Jiri Mikolas
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
We are developing very interesting new game Scratch Wars. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/208284/scratch-wars

It is crossover between physical untraditional CCG and Digital game. Fully playable only with physical cards or with app.
Game is very variable, because of lot of game modes (physical and also digital) and additional extensions.

We would like to make marketing claim on the game tin box. We have these options. Could you please help us and recommend us what sounds best for anglish native speaker (we appreciate also some explanation why). We are also looking for English native speaker who could help us with more texts and rules... info@notre-game.com

Our options:

1) Always more to explore

2) There is always something to discover

3) There is always a new way

4) There is always a new journey

5) Always new posibilities

6) Always new discoveries

7) Discoveries on every step

8) New discoveries on every step

9) New discoveries with every step

10) Always much to discover

11) Always a lot to discover
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayde Bowen
United Kingdom
West Yorks
flag msg tools
Always more to explore is clear, correct yet encourages the reader to investigate the product in greater depth. PM me for more English advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Harpring
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Either 1 or 2.

Though if you go with #2, I'd add in 'new.'
"There's always something new to discover."

I like 2 better because it's clear, but it's also a bit generic. 1 is maybe a little catchier due to the rhyme... but I tend to think rhymes are tacky as a personal preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Goodwin
United Kingdom
Robertsbridge
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup I was just about to say #2 sounds the most English way of expressing the idea, although I don't know anything about the game.

If you were considering #7 or #8 (#8 is the better of the two) then I would use "at" instead of "on".

7) Discoveries at every step

8) New discoveries at every step

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Kneipp
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Unlimited opportunities for exploration and discovery.
or
Endless opportunities for exploration and discovery.

The "unlimited" or "endless" may get you in trouble, though. Perhaps you could precede the tag it with "Virtually," or something along those lines to qualify the opportunities as not literally being endless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
graydebowen wrote:
Always more to explore is clear, correct yet encourages the reader to investigate the product in greater depth. PM me for more English advice.

also ... it rhymes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ramsey

North Dakota
msg tools
I'd go with 1 or 2.

If 2, then say: There is always something new to discover

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You explore within a thing (explore a temple, explore play space within a game), so the thing is the setting in which you find stuff. The stuff may not be new. You can explore a new building in Fallout 4 and just find stuff that you've seen before.

The first option (always more to explore) communicates that there will always be new combinations of features, but those features themselves may not be new. For instance, in a game where each round you are given a deck of 30 cards chosen randomly from a pool of 100, you could say that you have a new deck to explore every round.

If you want to communicate that the user will always be finding new features (rather than new combinations of features), 'always more to discover' is stronger. It's probably not going to strictly be true (I'm guessing that you will have a finite number of features, rather than algorithmic feature generation like No Man's Sky) - but a bit of exaggeration is to be expected in box blurbs!

Your game features the slow reveal of a character's nature, and I don't think any of the suggested blurbs captures that. Perhaps something more along the lines of 'Discover your destiny' or 'Explore your potential'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scratchoff cards, that's new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:
Scratchoff cards, that's new.

Not strictly speaking.

I agree that "Always more to discover" is pretty great.

Are you using "CCG" to mean "collectible" or "customizable"? Because I'd urge you to think long and hard about whether that's the best choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Hoddinott
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I read the overview on the game page, this sounds very very good.

ALWAYS MORE TO EXPLORE is an excellent hook. Marketing is my life, and you have the perfect marketing hook there. Why?? SHORT, marketing is poetry. say the most with the fewest words, catch attention before it drifts, The rhyme and rhythm of the cadence of the words works well.

I believe your real challenge is to find a way to quickly get across your amazing scratch card concept and the idea of physical digital property. As long as the game itself holds up (is intrinsically strong), you have unique selling features and I believe you are first to market with a huge offering and advantage. You may need a decent marketing budget to get the ball moving but once you do you could well have a smash hit on your hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.