Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Boyd
United Kingdom
Newtownards
County Down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had our first game of Battalia recently and had a great time, but I found myself in a bit of a rut.

Every time I set aside cards in an ambush I got rid of supply cards, to try and thin out my deck. However, about halfway through the game I suddenly realised I didn't have enough to do anything! I had about one supply card left, so I couldn't buy any units or build roads etc.

I know we played a few rules wrong, which included not getting a Lord and supply card every time we took over a neutral city, but is there another way to get supply cards? Did I miss something?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You take a supply card every to you get a new unit from the deck. That's it. And I don't have the rules in front of me, but I think you actually only get the Lord on a Neutral, not a supply too.

And you're right, if you get over-excited about deck thinning you can cause problems for yourself. But that's all part of the strategy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Boyd
United Kingdom
Newtownards
County Down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cafin8d wrote:
You take a supply card every to you get a new unit from the deck. That's it. And I don't have the rules in front of me, but I think you actually only get the Lord on a Neutral, not a supply too.

And you're right, if you get over-excited about deck thinning you can cause problems for yourself. But that's all part of the strategy

Well, it definitely changed my strategy! It became slightly frustrating not being able to take many actions with no apparent way of rectifying it. As an example, with only one supply card I couldn't even hire a hero to take over a neutral city.

According to page 10 in the rule you do take a supply card as well as the Lord after conquering a neutral city:

"When a player conquers a neutral city he marks it with own level 4 token. Moreover, he not only establishes control over it, but it also compels the local lord to his subject and respectively receives one lord card and one supply card from the common pool."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Lord is a unit and is recruited, the rules are consistent, when recruiting, get a supply card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JakersNI wrote:
"When a player conquers a neutral city he marks it with own level 4 token. Moreover, he not only establishes control over it, but it also compels the local lord to his subject and respectively receives one lord card and one supply card from the common pool."

I stand corrected. I think what got lodged in my brain was the fact you don't get the Lord/Supply if another player takes the city later, as its not longer neutral. Stoopid brain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.