BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [MM] Yokohama Preorder $39 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chee Peng Ang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: MM just removed the word 'Deluxe' from the listing.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ttt-yok.html

There is some controversy going on now as this was on kickstarter for $60 and a speculation that it might be a mistake on the part of MM.

Order at your own risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [MM] Yokohama Deluxe Preorder $39
angatheart wrote:
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ttt-yok.html

There is some controversy going on now as this was on kickstarter for $60 and a speculation that it might be a mistake on the part of MM.

Order at your own risk.

Annoying, but far too common with KS campaigns it seems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.M. Diller
United States
North Street
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting, I jumped on it. I waffled on the KS but decided $65(shipped) was too much. However, $45 shipped works for me. I figured I'd be paying about $40 for the regular edition anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:

Hence my Kickstarter rule:

IF exclusives THEN back

IF no exclusives (and retail release) THEN wait for retail (and buy cheaper)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aberrix wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

IF exclusives THEN back

Similar to mine:

IF exclusives THEN ignore

IF no exclusives THEN wait for retail (then re-evaluate, and maybe buy cheaper)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aberrix wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

IF exclusives THEN back

Lots of people making assumptions without knowing the facts:

- The whole Deluxe version is KS (and convention) exclusive.
- They've done this before with Orleans Deluxe and true to their word never sold it at retail.

Do a bit of research before assuming the worst. Most likely scenario is a simple listing error by MM calling it "Deluxe".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Deluxe edition was pseudo-exclusive to the Kickstarter, hence the (now apparently deleted) grouching by a couple posters here. TMG's response on the Kickstarter blames MM:

Though this Kickstarter offered a retailer level to "begin a discussion by email with Aaron who will provide you with further information," so we really don't know what they paid. That retailer pledge required payment by August 16, so MM already knows exactly what they paid for -- and TMG does, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Jones
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
You are who you choose to be.
mbmbmbmb
From TMG on the KS comment section:
Quote:
Well, the deluxe version doesn't exist yet. Neither Miniature Market nor even TMG have copies. The Deluxe version won't be available via normal distribution, which means if they have it in the future, they'd have to have gotten it via the kickstarter, and 39.00 would mean they're selling it at a loss.
It's important to remember that other vendors can put whatever they want on their websites, and often it's just placeholder information. Do not rely on such information - this includes release dates, prices, player counts and time ranges. and so forth. For instance, that Miniature Market listing has an entirely made-up SKU (TTT-YOK). I suspect that page will morph into a listing for the regular game as it gets closer to release.

Edit: too slow...ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
California
flag msg tools
I thought I was done buying games this month after my FFG/GW splurge, but looks like I have to pick this one up. I haven't heard anything but good things about MM customer service, so I assume it will be easy to get a refund if it turns out to be the standard edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Daigle
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
The Deluxe edition was pseudo-exclusive to the Kickstarter, hence the (now apparently deleted) grouching by a couple posters here. TMG's response on the Kickstarter blames MM:

Though this Kickstarter offered a retailer level to "begin a discussion by email with Aaron who will provide you with further information," so we really don't know what they paid. That retailer pledge required payment by August 16, so MM already knows exactly what they paid for -- and TMG does, too.

The same $1 retailer pledge is available on Chimera Station Deluxe right now, which means if this is a true dealwhy would people back the Kickstarter and not just wait to get it from MM closer to launch at the lower price point. It only takes one time for people to learn their system and for it to start failing them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Something's fishy goowhistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hagaf22 wrote:

The same $1 retailer pledge is available on Chimera Station Deluxe right now, which means if this is a true dealwhy would people back the Kickstarter and not just wait to get it from MM closer to launch at the lower price point. It only takes one time for people to learn their system and for it to start failing them

TMG Thief's Market KS: $17*
TMG Thief's Market post-KS retail: as low as $8.64 @ Cardhaus

*some backers have still yet to get their game..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Albaqsami

Irvine
California
msg tools
Aberrix wrote:
Hagaf22 wrote:

I guess I learned my lesson and not back TMG KS games again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Atinzad wrote:
Aberrix wrote:
Hagaf22 wrote:

I guess I learned my lesson and not back TMG KS games again

In general I agree. For Deluxe versions it's different, but maybe Yokohama Deluxe will change that as well. We'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elac yenwod
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Aberrix wrote:
Hagaf22 wrote:

Counter to that point, if you want a copy of Orleans Deluxe edition they're selling for $100+. Not disputing your case at all, but these things are hit and miss and Kickstarter is a gamble.

My guess is $39 is going to be for the retail version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Epner
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely makes you think twice about Chimera Station. I would guess that the numbers will be significantly down if this is the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here is the most recent reply on the KS from TMG:

Quote:
@Everyone, We have not sold any Deluxe editions of Yokohama to Miniature Market. I know cause I've been handling all of the retailer pledges. The listing that Miniature Market has for Yokohama Deluxe is wrong and we've reached out to them to change it to "Retail Version" or something to that effect. Their listing is for the retail version. Hopefully this clears the air.
-Aaron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!ninja

TMG just posted this to the KS page:

Quote:
@Everyone, We have not sold any Deluxe editions of Yokohama to Miniature Market. I know cause I've been handling all of the retailer pledges. The listing that Miniature Market has for Yokohama Deluxe is wrong and we've reached out to them to change it to "Retail Version" or something to that effect. Their listing is for the retail version. Hopefully this clears the air.
-Aaron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
MM's customer service is solid: if you ordered thinking it was deluxe, shoot them an email.

OP should edit thread title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh....so something was wrong on the internet? Wut?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H

Round Rock
Texas
msg tools
mbmb
There is a new reply from TMG on the KS page. It seems like the version sold by MM is the retail edition, NOT the deluxe version.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaelmindes/yokohama-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chee Peng Ang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's wait for MM to make the changes first. It still says deluxe edition there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
angatheart wrote:
Let's wait for MM to make the changes first. It still says deluxe edition there.

So the publisher of the game has revealed that they have no deal with MM for Yokohama Deluxe, yet you still have some hope that MM can conjure up some copies of Yokohama Deluxe somehow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I take it MM will just cancel the orders once this is all sorted out? Rather than sending out the retail version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chee Peng Ang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude it's about completing both sides of the story. Let's give MM a chance to set the record straight shall we?

katanan wrote:
angatheart wrote:

So the publisher of the game has revealed that they have no deal with MM for Yokohama Deluxe, yet you still have some hope that MM can conjure up some copies of Yokohama Deluxe somehow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.