Grimslingers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tall Tales Dune Worm question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pearson Giaume
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I have a question on how to resolve the Dune Worm's Swallow ability. Can someone walk me through how to resolve this card? Wording is hard to understand.

If I roll a 1-3 I don't take damage, 4-6 I take 5, ok I understand. However am I still considered "swallowed" even if I don't take damage? Also does the second part of the ability mean I can play an additional spell after this card activates? If I took no damage do I still have to play a damage card to avoid reducing my HP to zero? Also, does the damage FX of the card I play apply to the creature or to myself? The target isn't specific.

I dig the game so far but the wording has been a bit challenging to comprehend. I'm sure I'll get a better understanding after a few more plays, but any help is greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
neonops wrote:
I have a question on how to resolve the Dune Worm's Swallow ability. Can someone walk me through how to resolve this card? Wording is hard to understand.

If I roll a 1-3 I don't take damage, 4-6 I take 5, ok I understand. However am I still considered "swallowed" even if I don't take damage? Also does the second part of the ability mean I can play an additional spell after this card activates? If I took no damage do I still have to play a damage card to avoid reducing my HP to zero? Also, does the damage FX of the card I play apply to the creature or to myself? The target isn't specific.

I dig the game so far but the wording has been a bit challenging to comprehend. I'm sure I'll get a better understanding after a few more plays, but any help is greatly appreciated.

1-3 = nothing happens.
4-6 = you get swallowed and take 5 DMG. THe rest of the cards details relate to being swallowed.

SO yo if you're swallowed you can immediately play a card that does DMG and be spit out, and you get to apply the FX of that card to the Wurm. If you don't play a card that does DMG, then you die and no one can heal you. You can still play as your Anima.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Any questions you have, just post em and I'll answer right away

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.