37.2% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Jonathan Townsend
Italy
Roma
Lazio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
(I have cross posted this from another thread in case it is not seen there.)I have this game, but none other from the series.
Could someone tell me how they play the terrain emblems, in combination with the area movement and conformation, and movement rules?

For example - if an area contains a village but space for a division outside the village may you enter the open space and not the village?

If an area side has a village adjoining it but enough of a gap to squeese a division past the village may one enter the area without paying terrain costs for the village?

Is a division considered in a particular type of terrain (eg. slope or village or rise) if only a little part of the division is actually on the terrain depiction? How much terrain beneath a division constitutes its appropriation of that terrain type? 50%? more than 50%?

If entry to an area is too small for a division (even turned on its side) may it still enter? What if then more than 50% of it actually enters a different adjacent hex to the one actually moved too?

I understand that this game has a kind of minatures approach to movement. I need some more guidelines or suggestions before I am happy. I can do quite some development and house ruling myself, and have been doing so, but I would like to hear some others' methods in answer to these kind of questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.