$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
29.1% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the player numbers used the same across the teams? If they are, I think a better design would be:

A set of player cards (one for each team): Increases from 128 to 512 cards
An endzone overlay (one for each team): Currently 0, will need 32.

A static set of blocks with the player numbers (2 sets, one black with white numbers and one white with black numbers): A total of 16 blocks

256 Player Counters - REMOVED
20 Clear Acrylic Stands - REMOVED

We've now just put the entire 32 team roster with individuality right into the game without having to create 32 sets of blocks and stickers. I like this approach to the components as it still provides a fully functional league with individuality right out of the box while eliminating the need for 256 wooden and stickered blocks. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
59 4 76(!!) 14 7 52
badge
mbmbmb
They are not. Star players are identified by particular numbering distinct from other players, and in the advanced game mode, all players rely on both jersey digits for initiative purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lomn wrote:
They are not. Star players are identified by particular numbering distinct from other players, and in the advanced game mode, all players rely on both jersey digits for initiative purposes.

How can you use 8 sets of cards to play all 32 teams? Or can you? Curious how the teams and cards align statistically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Zemaitis
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I believe the cards are all different for each team (8 for each matching that teams jersey numbers. That's why Brent gave all backers the option to print the remaining cards for the remaining teams we don't unlock through stretch goals through "drivethrucards".

This might not be totally accurate, but that's kind of how I understood it when reading the box components and comments on the kickstarter page
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
czemaitis wrote:
I believe the cards are all different for each team (8 for each matching that teams jersey numbers. That's why Brent gave all backers the option to print the remaining cards for the remaining teams we don't unlock through stretch goals through "drivethrucards".

This might not be totally accurate, but that's kind of how I understood it when reading the box components and comments on the kickstarter page

Agreed on the different cards for different teams. Just curious if every team has a player number "7", "44", "46", etc... Or if each team's actual player numbers are all unique as well. If the same 8 numbers are used for each team (or a combination of sets across teams), then it'd allow less cubes to be created.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
59 4 76(!!) 14 7 52
badge
mbmbmb
The set of jersey numbers is unique to each team, save player #51 (who is the odd man out for every team in 7-on-7).

The base stat distribution is identical for non-skill games, and so a set of 8 numbers could be used for that (though the cards would have to be adjusted to match). With-skill games would require additional cubes to designate the star players, requiring more card adjustment to fit the new generic cubes.

Your minimum set (assuming you change out cards to match) is:
3 31 4 44 41 42 5 51 52 6 66 61 62 7 71

That would work mechanically for everything but the advanced initiative rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just going to use a color copier, some cardstock, and the Pixel Pack that comes free with a purchase to make my cards.

My $0.02
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lomn wrote:

ThisN

Single digit numbers, numbers ending in zero, and double digit numbers are reserved for impact, star, and superstar players.

czemaitis wrote:

You're close Christian! It's two cards for each player on the team and two scouting cards [one for you and one for your opponent]. That brings the total to 18 card for each team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pymont
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lomn wrote:
The set of jersey numbers is unique to each team, save player #51 (who is the odd man out for every team in 7-on-7).

The base stat distribution is identical for non-skill games, and so a set of 8 numbers could be used for that (though the cards would have to be adjusted to match). With-skill games would require additional cubes to designate the star players, requiring more card adjustment to fit the new generic cubes.

Your minimum set (assuming you change out cards to match) is:
3 31 4 44 41 42 5 51 52 6 66 61 62 7 71

That would work mechanically for everything but the advanced initiative rule.

The only numbers not yet actually confirmed to be used (with lineups not yet fully confirmed for 9 teams) are 50, 53, 57, 73, 74 and 76. I appreciate you can probably substitute these for higher/lower numbers vs. your opponent (e.g. if you're supposed to have 76 and him 71, you put in 72 instead), but this would surely add quite a bit of complexity to pre-game setup?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.